This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

@ Eddie Longe @ Moderators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: @ Eddie Longe @ Moderators
    Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:28pm
Eddie,

You just sent me a private message accidentally that was obviously aimed at Tom, as a result I can see all of the conversation.

@ Mods - should this happen ? I mean, even if he sends his reply to Tom to me accidentally, I can then see ALL of the past messages.
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:31pm
OppsEmbarrassed. I was defintaly sent to TomA320 though. Something defintaly wrong thier.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:31pm
Yes you can see all the past messages, its threaded, meaning it works like an email.  Have you ever received a chain e-mail?  If you scroll down, you can see the lists of all the people it has been sent to.  I don't think its a bug, just the way the software works.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:34pm
It wasn't the fact that he could see the eintire conversation but odd that it went to Chris instead of Tom.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by CyprusAirwaysA330 CyprusAirwaysA330 wrote:

Yes you can see all the past messages, its threaded, meaning it works like an email.  Have you ever received a chain e-mail?  If you scroll down, you can see the lists of all the people it has been sent to.  I don't think its a bug, just the way the software works.

Ah yes - that seems right to me Smile

Just a warning to everybody - take care when sending a private message ! .
Generic forum signature
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

It wasn't the fact that he could see the eintire conversation but odd that it went to Chris instead of Tom.

Well obviously you were distracted and sent it to the wrong person.... I was simply answering the question that he had for the mods as I can answer that, whereas guessing the state of your mind causing you to make an error or what possible software bug there might of been (sincerely doubt it) was a harder question to answer.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:39pm
Well obviously you were distracted and sent it to the wrong person....
Nope defo sent to TomA320. I'll screenshot if you want me to.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:41pm
Scratch that. My outbox says it was sent to 737 Chris, but I replied to to Tom's message. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:43pm
Ed, I'll send you a new messsage, try replying to that.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:50pm
Thanks, got it now.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:57pm
It works just the same way that ordinary email works.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:01pm

Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

It works just the same way that ordinary email works.

What I said...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic