This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Connie experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjpart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Connie experience
    Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 6:53am
I have spent a couple of days flying the Connie. I have seen some of the problems mentioned by others. I suggest attention to the following:
Leaning mixture appears to have no effect on power or fuel flows.
Superchargers do not work.
Cowl flaps and oil radiator flaps work together with no separate functionality.
Adjusting cowl/radiator flaps appears to have no effect on engine temperatures.
Radios are unuseable - do not appear to respond to on/off or other selections, radio frequencies almost impossible to select.
Cockpit tool-tips are unreliable - sometimes work, sometimes not, with "hotspots" too small and poorly placed.
Cockpit tool-tips should carry more information, e.g. radio frequencies.
Nav radio selector knob covers the decimal window making it difficult to see the selected frequency.
Some views are missing - no co-pilot station, no passenger interior; also needed are "A" key selections for other cockpit panels, especially the overhead.
Ground-crew and ground-cart activation could be easier, e.g. hot keys or hotspots on exterior of aircraft.
I think prop reverse thrust works (using hotkeys Shift-Ctrl-PgDn), but there is no indication on the panel - real Connie has four reverse pitch lights which in the JF are vacuum warning lights. Also the Connie has a reverse throttle lock lever next to the throttles. This could be included to control reverse thrust, perhaps in place of the non-functional friction lever and elevator clutch lever.
Eye-candy pretty good, but suggest the bare-metal tones on the engines are a bit too blue. Some important cockpit features have fairly poor textures, especially the autopilot and overhead switches (landing lights and seatbelt/smoking).
Being an Aussie, I am particularly interested in the Qantas 1049. Looking closely at the cockpit exterior, the pilots both have black faces. No jokes about PC, but it would certainly not be historically correct for a Qantas Constellation of the 1950's to have two black pilots - nothing personal.

On the plus side:
Flight model seems good with excellent handling on approach - feels like a big prop airliner, but with systems management more akin to the default Baron.

I have to agree that the JF Connie as it is, is more representative of a "Lite" production. With some work it could become a genuine "Pro" product.

Hope this helps.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:18am
Hi,

An update will be released shortly which should resolve these issues.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic