This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Latest Works...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Latest Works...
    Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:20pm
Heya guys,

Please enjoy my latest video, a HD approach into Male Intl with REX2, and real sound. Please, if you have a YouTube account, take the time to rate and comment on there for me. Thanks.

Thanks,

AAWink

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:28pm
Excellent, I love it how you used sounds of the real aircraft.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:33pm
That is a very good video. I suspect the approch into Male is on a par with Princess Juliana airport

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Excellent, I love it how you used sounds of the real aircraft.
Thanks very much Tom, the sound that FSRecorder was giving me was awful, so I thought I may aswell put some real nice real sound into it!

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

That is a very good video. I suspect the approch into Male is on a par with Princess Juliana airport
Thanks Ed. Yes, it's true that they're similar approaches, as they both go very low over the water. However, Male's approach doesn't go quite so low over the beach, as there's about 150M of Land before the Runway.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:44pm
Very nice video!  Normally when people dub real sounds to FS videos they're never quite lined up properly, but yours is perfect - the 'thud' as you touch down is bang on!  Gives it a very real feel - like how you captured the control surface movement too, something you can't do on replay.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Very nice video!  Normally when people dub real sounds to FS videos they're never quite lined up properly, but yours is perfect - the 'thud' as you touch down is bang on!  Gives it a very real feel - like how you captured the control surface movement too, something you can't do on replay.
Thanks very much Tom! I was very happy myself with the sound to video syncing, Sony Vegas really helped me get it perfect there.

The control surface movements are thanks to FSRecorder. Although it has jerky sound playback, it does replay every single control/spoiler movement, allowing great results every time.

Again, thanks for your comments!

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:12pm
Nice video! +1 for all of the above, great graphics! Good old sony vegas for the editing Perhaps your new pc could handle a nice city approach?

(I commented on the youtube page and rated, 5)
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by SkyFly SkyFly wrote:

Nice video! +1 for all of the above, great graphics! Good old sony vegas for the editing Perhaps your new pc could handle a nice city approach?

(I commented on the youtube page and rated, 5)
Thanks very much SkyFly! Unfortunately, I've had to ditch two projects today because Fraps was messing up, however it should be fixed soon!

AirbusHayden View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusHayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 1:01pm
Commented, loved it

Regards,
Hayden

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by AirbusHayden AirbusHayden wrote:

Commented, loved it

Thanks for your compliments mate, much appreciated!

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 8:52pm

Maybe an approach into Hobart at Dawn is the next project.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm
The Hobart Video is completed! I will upload tomorrow!

Merry Christmas!

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 11:37am
Video is being uploaded, all should be ready within an hour. A new topic in the Video Forum will be posted when ready.

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 12:54pm
Looking forward to it! By the way, do you still use the freeware version of fraps? If so nice editing those longer approaches together! If not, what are you using and is it free because I want it!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by SkyFly SkyFly wrote:

Looking forward to it! By the way, do you still use the freeware version of fraps? If so nice editing those longer approaches together! If not, what are you using and is it free because I want it!
Every single program (apart from FSX etc) used in the above video was free. Trial Version Sony Vegas 9, Free Version of Fraps, etc.

I hope you enjoy the next video, its got around 19 minutes of uploading left, then 5 minutes rendering.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic