This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warbirds of WWII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warbirds of WWII
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 7:56pm
When I received warbirds I was pleased with it initially, fantastic airoplanes, good sounds, inside cockpit looks good. They are even more difficult to land, I assume just like the real thing.Clap
However certain things on this I have never come across before.  At the end of the drop down menus marked as 'add-ons' which only comes up as 'FSUIPC', whats that?
(I had just taken a trial demo of 'air hauler' off so I don't know if it was to do with that). anyway, I couldn't make sence of that. 
also I noticed by accident that; "it is not a registered product, if I 'right-click' on opening MSX I should enter as 'administrator' - lost me!
Next item that niggled me was that if I wanted to start, pre-flight checks/closing aircraft down, the booklet tells you to open/close canopy, no 'hand' shows anywhere so it does not do that. The side door can be opened but there no way can it be closed. Still I just start the engine and go but its nice to be able to use the "extras" .
ICE View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 6:11pm
Try peter dowsons website for FSUIPC, type it in google and read the installation instructions
Make sure you get the right one for the sim you are using.
Most add-ons need FSUIPC to intergrate with each other.
H

1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 6:47pm

Thank you. I'll give it a try. What is his website address please?

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:20pm
Just Google FSUIPC

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:30pm
Quote I had just taken a trial demo of 'air hauler' off so I don't know if it was to do with that

Probably. FSUIPC is a software tool which plugs into Flight Sim and lets 3rd party developers (like me) read and write settings and information within Flight Sim.

It's also very useful for adjusting control settings if you use yokes etc, and has a great wind-smoothing feature in the registered version.

Just leave it where it is - many products need FSUIPC to work, and it'll not cause any problems. You also don't need to register it unless you use any of the more advanced functions.

It's all good!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Quote I had just taken a trial demo of 'air hauler' off so I don't know if it was to do with that

Probably. FSUIPC is a software tool which plugs into Flight Sim and lets 3rd party developers (like me) read and write settings and information within Flight Sim.

It's also very useful for adjusting control settings if you use yokes etc, and has a great wind-smoothing feature in the registered version.

Just leave it where it is - many products need FSUIPC to work, and it'll not cause any problems. You also don't need to register it unless you use any of the more advanced functions.

It's all good!
Thank you.  I seem to be drifting with 2 questions. If I have caused the confusion I apologise.
The reason I mentioned 'air hauler' was because a new addition to the drop down menu was FSUIPC. As you kindly answered my query I will say that I had pulled off the trial demo because it told me what plane I was to fly which I didn't like. Secondly it does not accept "acelerated" flight time, only normal flight. When I tried 1 of the routes offered it took 2 hours to fly. This I found very boring. Its a shame because itself was very good.
The other thing that is getting me confused is registering. I've never had this before. 
1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ICE ICE wrote:

Try peter dowsons website for FSUIPC, type it in google and read the installation instructions
Make sure you get the right one for the sim you are using.
Most add-ons need FSUIPC to intergrate with each other.
H

Confused I tried to get to peter dowson on his website but to get someone to answer my question was impossible. It appears to be getting more difficult these days. It appears that I will have to grin a put up with it.
Thanks anywayDisapprove
What is FSUIPC?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic