This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Class 20 (New images added)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Class 20 (New images added)
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:02am
Class 20

The Just Trains Class 20 pack - a fully detailed add-on package for RailWorks and Rail Simulator is currently in development.

This new expansion will include several versions of this distinctive locomotive, ranging from the 1950s to the modern day.

Class 20s, known by some as 'choppers' due to their distinctive engine beat, were built over an eleven year period by English Electric, and this Class 20 add-on package is sure to be a classic addition to your RailWorks and Rail Simulator stock.

We'll bring you more information and further screenshots as soon as we can.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BadWhippet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:28pm
I am so totally, utterly thrilled and excited by this.  The Class 20 is what I hoped for and have missed since my MSTS days.

Please, please, PLEASE include some scenarios too?  I'm a total newbie who plays rather than builds with this sim, and if there are no scenarios I cannot play.  I know JustTrains usually does, so I'm probably asking a redundant question.  It's just that I'm thrilled to see this loco arriving and it would kill me not to be able to enjoy it.
Sue
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 11:25am
Hi Sue,

A variety of scenarios will be included in the Class 20 package. Unfortunately we don't have any further information on them as of yet.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 9:05pm
Oh brilliant!  Thanks Martyn!  Even two scenarios would have been good enough for me (don't care what they are).  With scenarios, I can play too (I'm gutted to see the Class 390 on Steam with NO scenarios - which makes it out of range for me and others who only drive and enjoy the driving simulator aspects).  20 scenarios is a fantastic number and I can't wait for release!

One final question (then I'll go and wait in excited peace and quiet): will it have Class 20 sounds?  I purchased the Rail Simulator Class 20 yesterday.  I'm no expert at sounds at all (I can't tell if a Class 37 is making Class 37 sounds or Hymek sounds), but by chance I DO know and am familiar with the sounds of Class 20s that operate on my local line, and I did so want the Class 20 for the sound as well as the looks.  The RS version is truly fantastic, but I was sad about the sound seeming to be general 'diesel loco' and nothing close to a Class 20 (even the Hornby Class 20 model makes the chopper sound so I'd kind of expected it - being such a distinguishing feature of the Class 20).

Of course, maybe there's some technical reason why it cannot be done and I don't want to come across as whiny at all (because the RS version is otherwise a lovely product).  I'll still be buying because 20 scenarios is fantastic, and I'm very fond of the Class 20.  But if the sounds are there too, I'd be overjoyed! Big%20smile
Sue
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 12:20pm
Hi All,
I just wanted to drop a posting in here to say that I have posted a all new set of pictures from the Class 20 Collection on the Just Trains facebook page here:

There are new pics of a DRS 20, the RHTT spraying and the FNA.

All feedback welcome!
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Biggles1975 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggles1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 1:03am
The RHTT and the FNA are what I want out of this pack and I would of brought them without the 20. Getting the train aswell is just a bonus.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 5:13pm
Feedback?

How about "I'm buying for sure!"  The YouTube vids are great - the sound is what I wanted to hear.  Best of all, as always with JT, a whole range of scenarios!
Sue
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 11:20am
New images added Thumbs%20Up
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 8:39pm
Looks liek a Chopper, sounds like a Chopper and I'm sure feels like a Chopper!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic