This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yay, Snow is on its way.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
Yes, not just potholes, but the actual pavements are all scratched because the diggers have been scraping the snow away and this has caused the pavements to be scratched. 
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:09pm
Ahh I didn't know that!

I don't think it's been as bad here us where you are Tom - at least, I don't recall them ever clearing the pavements, only the major roads.  My road was never cleared.  My nextdoor neighbour got his car stuck in the snow outside his house, made the mistake of giving it more welly instead of digging it out and shot straight through the fence on the other side of the road! 

My journey to school for my exams last week was downright dangerous, especially near the end of the week when it was just pure ice!
Kind regards,
Tom
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 4:16am
It's temporarily warm here. Ah the potholes...
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Ahh I didn't know that!

I don't think it's been as bad here us where you are Tom - at least, I don't recall them ever clearing the pavements, only the major roads.  My road was never cleared.  My nextdoor neighbour got his car stuck in the snow outside his house, made the mistake of giving it more welly instead of digging it out and shot straight through the fence on the other side of the road! 

My journey to school for my exams last week was downright dangerous, especially near the end of the week when it was just pure ice!

Yes, the pavements had over a foot of snow on them that's why they had all the diggers out.  Alot easier walking to school now!.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 7:09pm
Apparently were expecting more of the wight stuff (not milk before anyone makes a stupid crack) next weekThumbs%20Down

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic