This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F-lite A340-500/600 + A340Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McCombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-lite A340-500/600 + A340Pro
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 1:40pm
I wondered if anyone else out there has found that the nosegear on these two sims do not rotate very far? I find it rotates only around 30 degrees from straight compared with 777Pro and PMDG 747 being 70 degrees. This gives the effect of the aircraft sliding around corners during taxiing instead of the nosegear actually steering! Otherwise very good but this feature is killing the realism. Using a Logitech Pro joystick and rudder facility to steer. Cheers
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 8:43pm
Have you got the "autorudder" option on in the FS settings? I have that problem if the autorudder setting is on. If the autorudder is off, you must use a dedicated rudder control (can't move the joystick left or right to use rudder), but you obviously have a setup with proper rudder setting.
The "autorudder" setting should be "off" and it is found under the "realism" tab in FS options.
Hope this helps Wink
Luke Roach
Gary McCombie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McCombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 10:46pm
First of all thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! I have tried with both the autorudder on and off and found no difference. When you say I need a dedicated rudder control and can't move the joystick left or right, do you mean to rotate (slew) the joystick or actually move it side to side as if to bank?

I currently use the slew by twisting the joystick but only get the small rotation on these two add-ons. The aircraft turn in a realistic turning circle, it is just that the nosewheel does not, giving a sliding effect.

Thanks again,

Gary
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 11:36am
I'll have a look in the aircraft.cfg (it's a configuration file if you're new to FS) to see if there is a problem with nosewheel limit or something - I have both those add-ons.
When I said rotate the joystick, I meant as if to bank, but this is no problem with autorudder off. I would strongly recommend the autorudder to be off anyway, so that you can use rudder properly in flight (to add to the realism). The twist-handle rudder on the logitech pro is fine to use, that would be considered a "dedicated" rudder control and it's obvious that you use that.
In the "sensitivities" tab in flight simulator settings, try turning the rudder sensitivity up, see if this makes any difference. I found that it actually makes little difference to the aircraft's turning circle but does make rudder action more responsive, and it may (this is a long shot though) sort out the nosewheel problem.
Some aircraft have limited nosewheel steering above a certain speed too - the legal limit for taxiing is something like 30KTS groundspeed and some Flight Simulator add-ons restrict nosewheel steering above 30 or 40 (depends on the simulator) knots. If you comment back, could you please tell me the speeds you're usually taxiing at? I'm not saying you're a beginner or anything like that, but don't follow the taxi speeds of AI aircraft, the commercial jets taxi way too fast.
I'll check both those aircraft too, see if I get that problem. Gary, you're very, very welcome for the thanks Wink.
Luke Roach
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 12:02pm
I've found a solution to the A340-500/600, may need a bit of tweaking to get it perfect though. Do you know how to edit the "aircraft.cfg" or do you want me to edit it for you?
Luke Roach
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McCombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 12:14pm

Apologies for the delay, been on hols and now away on biz so can't actually try out what you have suggested. However, I can say that my taxiing speeds are a max of 30KTS and when taking a 90 degree corner, down to 10 or less. Makes no difference to the angle of the nosegear. Have no idea on how to edit a .cfg file so would really appreciate any assistance.

Cheers,

Gary

roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 9:53pm
Sorry about my slow reply, I've been on holiday for two weeks too...
Assuming you installed FS2004 in the default folder, the "aircraft.cfg" file should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 2004\CLS A345\Aircraft.cfg
If you send my yours through E-mail I can edit it as needed. It is a fairly simple job to do, won't take long at all.
Luke Roach
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McCombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 11:58pm

Thanks again for the help! Give me an e-mail address and I'll send you the cfg file.

PS    was delighted to see that I have not had a similar problem with the new Airbus Long Haul that I just used for the first time the other day.
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 9:53am
lukeroach@hotmail.co.uk
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic