This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Captain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:46pm
I didn't think the torque effect had much effect on twins and/or jets due to you having an engine on each side that may be configured to counteract it, i.e. one engine spins one way and the other spins the other so that the torque effects zero each other out.  The torque effect will only take place too if you've that particular realism slider set all the way up.

If the a/c is moving slightly to one side, do you have a crosswind set up?   

Other possibilities, rudder not properly centered, a/c aligned on a heading of 230 deg and runway heading is actually 233 deg.

Although I have to be honest now I've gone beyond guessing and I should leave the waffle with the ice cream and maple syrup.  :-)

Tom, also remember on a SEP a/c that not only is there a slight effect felt from engine torque (you get torque steering in high powered FWD cars too with harsh acceleration), but the propwash (no you can't get any from the pilot shop if anyone sends you for it) also "swirls" round the fuselage and strikes the tailfin causing an increase in the yawing effect.

As they say though, it's pretty normal and just counteract it by feeding in a bit of rudder to keep the a/c down the centreline, if it's due to a crosswind, you'll need to apply some aileron too to keep the baby tracking down the centreline after rotation.

Right, where did I put that waffle!!!

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
eclipserydr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclipserydr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:19pm
yeah i checked everything mentioned and all is fine, i don't have crosswind, headings are correct, i do notice the rudder moving a little bit to the right on its own, in FSX settings i have auto rudder disabled, not sure what's going on =/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic