This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Personal Carbon Trading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personal Carbon Trading
    Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:42pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7419724.stm

This has to be a new low. The government has completely lost the plot.

Quote Mr Benn said that the report found the cost of introducing the scheme would be between £700 million and £2 billion, and would cost £1bn-£2bn a year to run.

So that's why they were so keen on trashing the 10p rate of tax - to fund this mess!! Ouch

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 2:46pm
It's not the government that are proposing this, it's MP's, [The Environmental Audit Committee] who criticised the government for shelving it last time.

Still don't agree with it though.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:34pm
I'm moving when I'm older, can't stand this stupid parliment. A nice house in Brooklyn will do me...
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 12:47am
Pandering to the like of that floppy haired woman on the one show. Pure (unfunny) comedy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic