This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constellation pro really constellation lite?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constellation pro really constellation lite?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 6:59pm
having bought many "PRO" products from JF i have come to expert a certain standard

sorry but Constallation pro is way..way short of the standard.

sorry chaps you really dropped the ball with this one... either that or the "PRO" standard has been lowered to "Lite"

the freeware connie is better than this, the A2A B377 is "Pro" standard, your own concorde is "Pro" standard as are numerous other JF products 737,airbus etc that are "Pro" standard

Constellation pro....no no no definitly not "pro" standard

or perhaps not yet anyway, perhaps thier is hope for a future "pro" standard constellation it just aint this one at this time

hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 10:16am
Well, may I say that Constellation Professional is deveopled by Aeroplane Heaven - and face it, it's a world ahead of the Abacus model

I'd say it's the most pro of all Connies out there

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 10:26am
Unfortunately without any examples of why the Connie isn't worthy of the 'Pro' title, we can't really offer an explanation
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Tomb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 2:09pm
fair comment

many functions on the panel dont operate, (because) many aircraft systems are not modelled, the freeware panel has more functionalilty, no engine mangement of any sort which is crucial for this period, you only have to take a look at A2A B377 to see what i mean.

JF's "Pro" label has meant to me, over god knows how many years, pretty much some good and accurate systems and cockpit functionailty (and i think i have most of thre PRO products if not them all).

in essence Constellation Pro is a pretty wrapper with nothing to little under the hood..or more accuratly  "in the pit"

i should have read the manual first and seen all that "does not function" when reading about the cockpit..and i dont rate the VC looks at all, again A2A B377 sets the standard for a prop job

i was influenced by the previously trusted JF "pro" branding, that has just taken a very serious dent, this is definalty a "Lite" product. I guess if i buy a pro product i expect a pro product, if i buy a lite product i expect a lite product, in this case i bought pro and got lite

as i said earlier, constellation pro is a pretty wrapper and not much aircraft or system depth.

in my view anyway

my last purchase, air hauler on the other hand...now thats more like a JF product... ;)

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 4:27pm
Tomb, entitled to your opinion of course.  Apologies if you feel let down.

If you have the freeware version and it serves a purpose by all means get in touch with us and claim your refund.  We'd be happy to oblige.
davecat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 1:44am
I must agree with Tomb.  A2A B377 far exceeds present version of "Connie Pro".

All the clamor about add-on packs seem to me a bit premature.  When can we expect an update that debugs the many gauges and switches (Engine Selector for one) that do not work.

I can hang if there will be an update.  If not, I will be following Tomb to the refund line.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 9:21am
The update for the base pack will be released sometime before the addon packs
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Tomb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:48am
i can be patient, JF has never let be down before, i dont see you starting now...

for example B777 pro was a crock when it first came out...but ended up being a very nice addition to the hanger...

all constellation needs is a decent "pit", and it would transform it for me...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic