This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX acceleration vs PK2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX acceleration vs PK2
    Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:19pm
I apologise now, (especially Soaranden, 12 Sept. - fsx-accel-PK1-PK2.....), for information on the above as it was very helpful.
However because of my lack of how programs work I'm hesitating of what has to be done, I'll explain.
For the third time I've had to uninstall fsx:acceleration because another fault had come up again with no apperent reason, now you can see where my paranoia comes from with computer programs. Later on the day an automatic email message that, 'windows have got an update to install........'. I have had these, like the rest of you have had I suppose. I let it do its own thing and installed. But my lack of consinration I failed to notice that the update was 'PK2'.
I re-installed FSX again but not acceleration for the reason mentioned at an earlier date.
I'm now in a dilemma, leaving acceleration off I will loose out on the 'extras' given, or load it with PK2 and have another corruption appear with FSX. Sorry, but my lack of knowedge strikes again 
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 2:53pm
You've said and done nothing for which you need to apologize.

There are two important considerations regarding installation of FSX: (1) Install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2, and (2) Do not install Service Pack 2 after installing the Acceleration expansion pack. The reason it's important not to install Service Pack 2 after installing Acceleration expansion pack is that Service Pack 2 does not contain the code that enables Acceleration's additional features; so installing Service Pack 2 after installing Acceleration expansion pack would disable that code and those features.

However, I have not seen any mention of a reason why Acceleration expansion pack cannot be installed after installing Service Pack 2. Go ahead and install the Acceleration expansion pack. Acceleration expansion pack contains Service Pack 2, and it's installer probably is able to detect a prior installation of Service Pack 2, but Acceleration expansion pack contains more, as well. It should, in effect, update your current Service Pack 2 with the code that enables the added features found only in Acceleration.

Dan
1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 5:17pm
Thanks Dan
Because of a glitch in fsx it stopped printing the 'records' for some reason and the only thing was to totally uninstall all fsx, acceleration, scenery, and addons. On re-install I started with fsx but no acceleration. Because SP2 was already there I then installed acceleration and there has been no problems, that made feel happy so back to flying.
John
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 10:58pm
John, that's great news! I'm glad it all worked out.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic