This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Zero Carbon" Home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Zero Carbon" Home
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:52pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8243810.stm

What a load of Angry

If you look at everything required to make everything in that house, including the builders themselves and how they get to/from the site, etc.. - marketing it as "zero carbon" should put them well outside the laws on trade descriptions act, because "zero carbon" could not be further from the truth.

Note how it is OK to burn trees, but it's not OK to burn fossile fuels!!!! Think about that one carefully.

Vulcan.

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:29pm
I think they forgot one thing, as humans breathe we release CO2 so eventully that Carbon dioxode will be released. Its all a load of rubish if you ask me.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:14pm
Note how it is OK to burn trees, but it's not OK to burn fossile fuels!!!! Think about that one carefully.

I did, i watched the video again and he explained that in the video.

Do you even know what carbon zero is implying?
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8243810.stmWhat a load of AngryIf you look at everything required to make everything in that house, including the builders themselves and how they get to/from the site, etc.. - marketing it as "zero carbon" should put them well outside the laws on trade descriptions act, because "zero carbon" could not be further from the truth.Note how it is OK to burn trees, but it's not OK to burn fossile fuels!!!! Think about that one carefully.Vulcan.

You cynic you...

Where does it show the builders getting to and from work? They could all cycle to work, ah but then their breakfast would have to have been made somehow using fossil fuels
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 11:06pm

Yes Vulcan, I think we know about CO2 during the building process don't we, we don't need to be told.

They aren't saying there’s no CO2 released during construction, they are saying it’s a zero carbon home in regard to its function.

Although I'm sure the carbon released during construction is kept to a minimum.

So what’s your point?

It's a damn site better than the houses constructed in a conventional way. But you have to latch on to something negative don't you?

It's beyond reasonable. It's unreasonably biased. Bizarrely so!

As for burning wood, it can be burnt in a sustainable way, for every tree burnt a new one is planted. The carbon released during burning was absorbed by the tree during its lifetime so no ‘additional’ carbon is released.

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 1:32pm
Has vulcan given up on answering his own CT threads?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:47pm
No - just too busy. Wacko

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic