This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How my frozen shrimp got to Petersburg pt.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How my frozen shrimp got to Petersburg pt.1
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:31am
Armed with the latest version of Air Hauler, I accepted a shipment of frozen shrimp at my seaplane base in Sitka (A29).

Note: you can see my Beaver and the boat which I use to haul stuff around SE Alaska down at the dock.

Right. So I need to get this cargo to my primary freighter, my most recent addition to the fleet, which is waiting at Sitka municipal airport.

Here's a few shots of the short trip through town...

And across the bridge that connects town with the airport:

Arriving at the airport, my SA-227 Metroliner is patiently awaiting this last bunch of cargo:

Looks like we're ready to depart for PAPG;

See you in pt. 2 Wink
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:24am
 Thats SO COOL!  Fantastic shots (that first one fooled me, with your planes sitting there then I scrolled down a bit and noticed the Jeep!)Thumbs%20Up

Your best pics yet! keep up the good work!

Lazer
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:51am
Very creative.
Greg
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:45pm
WOW. I can never manage to get a good car...
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 8:22am
  Have you tried assigning the Jeep to an AI pilot?  And have you watched the results?  Seems to me like it would either make a Bee-line through the scenery, or would it actually FLY?Shocked

Lazer
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Lazerbolt Lazerbolt wrote:

Have you tried assigning the Jeep to an AI pilot?  And have you watched the results?  Seems to me like it would either make a Bee-line through the scenery, or would it actually FLY?Shocked

Lazer

Hi Lazer,

The system handles the idea somewhat strangely...for one, it doesn't recognize that a car cannot fly, so if you give an AI a job and assign them a ground vehicle, the car will "fly" in a straight line to the destination.

And the second issue with what I'm doing is that AI won't ever stop to transfer cargo as I did in this pirep--they'd just as soon take it directly to the ultimate destination.

There are ways to get around it--you can load the cargo on a vehicle yourself and have the AI drive it to where your plane is located. Then you start another flight and transfer the cargo aboard the mother plane.

I did this idea because I tend to tinker with things and I like the idea of feeder cargo (after all, that's what I do for a living) and this seemed like the best way to replicate it.Wink
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:06pm
Excellent Shots Brian. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic