This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lockerbie Disaster  | |  Bomber to be Released !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockerbie Disaster | | Bomber to be Released !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockerbie Disaster | | Bomber to be Released !
    Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 7:36am
I cant beleive this. . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8198603.stm

Compasionate grounds !   What !?  After him killing 270 people ?

This is really a "sign of the times" isnt it.  Human rights going mad again. . .  . He deserves terminal cancer, and he deserves to spend his dieing days in jail.  its what I call Karma .Thumbs%20Up
Generic forum signature
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:03am
This is really a "sign of the times" isnt it.  Human rights going mad again. . .  . He deserves terminal cancer, and he deserves to spend his dieing days in jail.  its what I call Karma

Compleatly agree.  He deserves to be locked up and to die in his sell.  After all he killed so many people.  This is mad! 

This is sending out the wrong messageDead
Bradpl6 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradpl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 11:39am
Angry No one deserves cancer you stupid little boys
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 11:58am
...and no one deserves being released after killing nearly 300 people on purpose
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:00pm
I agree with both Brad and Concorde.  He did kill nearly 300 and shouldn't be ever released.  Something is seriously wrong with this country's law. 
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:08pm
Why at the time did they not deport then back to their own country or stick them up against a wall and shoot them?!?Angry

Just goes to show that in this country it's all right to kill 300 people because nothing will ever happen. Our law is just nuts.  Can't wait for my dads boss to say that there is a job offer for him in LA.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:27pm
Ha, and LA doesn't have a problem with crime? That one city had over 500 murders last year compared to 750 for the entire UK last year (and the UK's rate has been dropping year on year for a while now). I think it's fair to say that we are doing things better here than they are! Grass is always greener...?

Prisons don't seem to be keen on letting people die under their care. I wonder how much this has to do with compassion rather than "your dead anyway so get out of here and someone else can pick up the bill for your death". I wonder how much paperwork there is to allow someone to die in prison? 
Bradpl6 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradpl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by ConcordeGuy ConcordeGuy wrote:

...and no one deserves being released after killing nearly 300 people on purpose
Regardless of how many people he killed wishing or saying someone deserves cancer is beyond words
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Bradpl6 Bradpl6 wrote:

Angry No one deserves cancer you stupid little boys

I agree Brad, it is simply unacceptable to joke about or wish upon someone cancer.

Dom
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:25pm
You're forgetting that we are unsure that he actually did it.

If we knew for certain he was one of those responsible, I agree - he should die in jail, but as we are NOT certain that he did it, if he was innocent, he has spent years in jail for nothing, so I think it is a bit of Devils Advocate to let him out.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:45pm
@ Bradpl6 & dmr100

Although your comments are expected, I (despite having a good heart) cannot find that unaceptable in this situation.  If you will dig a little further in the JF archives you will realise that I have lost family from cancer  (many people have sadly)  But in these circumstances he absolutely deserves to be terminally ill. . . . what would you say if it was a terminal disease but it WASNT cancer ?   Me thinks you heard "cancer" and jumped to conclusions
Generic forum signature
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:51pm
No. I make it a policy of mine (if you like) never to joke about cancer or wish it upon anyone. There is as much chance as him getting cancer as anyone else in the world, so I think it is wrong to wish it upon someone when there will be thousands of others in the world with the disease. I don't care what the situation, it is sick to wish cancer upon anyone. And I really don't want to arugue about it, I don't want to get entangled in such a morbid discussion!

Dom
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:53pm
Oh, and also about your remark about any other disease, I wouldn't wish any of those against anyone either, it's not jsut with cancer. If you had said that you'd wished AIDS upon someone I would have disagreed with that also.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Bradpl6 Bradpl6 wrote:

Originally posted by ConcordeGuy ConcordeGuy wrote:

Regardless of how many people he killed wishing or saying someone deserves cancer is beyond words

Did I say that?

He deserves to rot in hell
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by dmr100 dmr100 wrote:

No. I make it a policy of mine (if you like) never to joke about cancer or wish it upon anyone. There is as much chance as him getting cancer as anyone else in the world, so I think it is wrong to wish it upon someone when there will be thousands of others in the world with the disease. I don't care what the situation, it is sick to wish cancer upon anyone. And I really don't want to arugue about it, I don't want to get entangled in such a morbid discussion!

Dom

You should read more matey. Clap

Where in my post did i  "wish it upon him" 

He has it, and quite rightly. 

What your suggesting is : If he DIDNT have cancer, i would wish he had it, which i wouldnt .

I just think he is quite rightly paying the price of murder Thumbs%20UpClap

-Regards
Generic forum signature
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:49pm
Perhaps it's time to either get back on topic or move on...
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

Perhaps it's time to either get back on topic or move on...

. Basically my point is, I think its a disgrace this guy is being let out.
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:14pm

Hold on a second chaps, you should listen to Vulcan before you make such extreme comments.

Pointy is absolutely right, it is believed by many that it was a gross miscarriage of justice, and that he was merely a convenient scapegoat, and that the true culprits are still at large.

And this is NOT another conspiracy theory. There is very good evidence that he may well have been innocent. He was a Libyan security agent possibly set up to take the blame. There were SIX grounds for possible miscarriage of justice.

We have to be careful before we blurt such comments.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:19pm
He is the convicted, what else do we rely on to throw monkey faeces at?
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 7:01pm
I suppose some people will argue 'what goes around comes around.'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic