This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

occaisional crash (PC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: occaisional crash (PC)
    Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:36pm
Hello,

Every now and then as with any software my FSX freezes but after you have just lovingly navigated a flight and then your FSX freezes and you hear that horrible siren from AH to say it has lost contact your heart stops and I have to start all over again from the original destination.

Is there anyway of periodically saving the game or can the sim auto save every 10 mins or so. I know I can drop into AH and save using Job Status but it will only allow me to start from there the next time I log on to AH. I cannot reload that if I have another FSX freeze.

Can someone help or tell me how to overcome this issue?

Cheers people
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:51pm
I'm having the same issue in FS9.  I lost one the other night when over 850 NM into an 870 NM flight.  There wasn't enough time left on the job to fly it over.  The only way I know is to make a landing somewhere along the way and go back to the Cargo Loading screen.  I think AH will capture that as your last location and if your PC or FS crash, it will start you there.

It's really not an AH problem - I need to figure out what's causing FS to crash.  I'm hoping it's a bum memory stick or ANYTHING other than having to re-install my FS.  That will probably be about three days of work IF I can find all the unlock codes for the downloaded payware.  I HATE download payware, but for most things, there's not much choice any more.

John Allard
pilot1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:12pm
Hi Guys,

This might solve your problem.

When either FS9 or FSX crashes it saves a flight called "Previous Flight.FLT" in

\Documents\Flight Simulator Files for FS9 or
\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files for FSX

It does it every time you exit the game normally as well.

OK, make a shortcut to Previous Flight.FLT on your desktop or somewhere you can find it easy, and next time FS crashes just double click the short cut and FS will restart EXACTLY where it crashed. (well a few seconds before actually) directly in flight where you left it.

Don't touch AH while you do this, and when FS restarts you will hear the bongs as AH reconnects and you can carry on with your flight as if nothing has happened. You get paid and your cargo is still intact.

If you want to test it, just start a new company for testing and start a cargo flight. When your on the way just turn FS off, then restart it usinf the shortcut and everything should be fine.

Luckily, my FS doesn't crash much, but when it has this has saved my delivery and my reputation in AH.

Hope it works for you. Smile

OOps, just remembered, for it to work on a double click, you need to associate the .flt extention with either FSX or FS9. To do that right click on the shortcut and select 'open with' then select the exe file of your FS and make sure the 'always open with' box is ticked.
then next time you can just double click it

paulos2002 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:17pm
Hi Mate, can I just say if this works I will, well love you forever, mine doesn't crash very much but when it does it wastes hours
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:26pm
you would think the reconnect sim button in AH would start this file!!!!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:36pm

Pilot1,

If this works out I'll post it in the "Useful Info and Top Tips" thread, giving you full credit for it.  I suspect I'll have an opportunity to try this out in the not-too-distant future. 

It sounds like it ought to work if AH doesn't somehow time out or lose it's ability to re-connect.

It sounds too as if you have to intercept FS' attempt to re-start itself, which is done more in the "Reset Flight" mode.  That would start you either where you began, or possibly with the default flight.  I know some users have ended up in Seattle after a FS or PC crash.

John Allard
pilot1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 11:05pm
Hi John,

By using the previous flight.FLT shortcut, it by-passes the usual start up sequence of the opening screen etc, and takes you straight back to where your flight was.

You can try it just in FS without AH if you like, just start a flight for a few of minutes, you don't even have to take off, then just turn FS off by X ing out of it, or if you want to simulate a crash, use the task manager to shut FS down.

Then double click the shortcut you made and it will start exactly where you left it.

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 11:09pm
I have tried it outside of Ah and it works like a dream
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:29am
Pilot 1:

NICE JOB!  That is a gold mine and a keeper (not just for AH!)  Thanks for sharing that information.  I've seen that in the select flight window forever and never paid any attention to it before.

I've got a scenario rolling around in my head that might make a big difference too.  In case its a disater-in-the-making and an application of "Murphy's Law" I won't post it and get anyone else in a jam.  Me and "Murphy's Law" go way back!

Marty Murphy (Might even be my real name.)
ATL98A View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATL98A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by allardjd allardjd wrote:

I'm having the same issue in FS9.   

Been having a few problems lately, well in the last couple of days. The latest..........positioned to MUPB. Picked up the load...........click OK, Alt Tab etc etc. Started to taxi, screen went blank........... now I'm in Seattle..........a couple of thousand of miles away!

Jobs indicates that cargo is on the aircraft in MUPB. Already lost rep today with yet another gear failure in flight, trouble is I wasn't in the room at the time..........so there came the inevitable crash, $140,000 plus for fixing it and loss of cargo, no payment and loss of rep. Now I've missed the deadline for this trip......soon be in the minus rep, or maybe even blacklisted   

Problem is this game is a load of fun but, and it's a big but, it is becoming a way of life, checking rep and cash flow etc..
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 12:14pm
Do you lose rep from in flight failures I.e flaps or overspeed?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 12:20pm
Quote Do you lose rep from in flight failures I.e flaps or overspeed?

No. You do lose rep for a hard landing however.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 12:31pm
The person above said he lost rep for a gear failure in flight!!! AH should tell you when you lose rep.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 12:40pm
Quote The person above said he lost rep for a gear failure in flight!!!

Well, he's wrong. I should know seeing as I wrote it. He lost the rep for planting the plane in the ground, the failure didn't do it itself. (and if you land really gently, you can sometimes get away with a wheels up landing).

Quote AH should tell you when you lose rep.

There's a reputation log in the new version which tells you just that.
AirHauler Developer
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 12:43pm
Thanks Slopey I know you wrote it, Brilliant program, makes FSX worth it, I am an IMC Private Pilot with a Night rating but can't always fly, money weather etc. Thanks anyway.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 1:09pm
Slopey what traffic program do you use as I am not sure whether traffic x or ultimate traffic 2
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 1:34pm
I have both, and they're much of a muchness.

I prefer UT2 I think, but that's largely because I've not had time to get to grips with TX.

But I'm no expert on Traffic - I just install it and let it run, I don't tweak it. Best to ask at the TrafficX/UT2 forums.
AirHauler Developer
Brent View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

There's a reputation log in the new version which tells you just that.

Slopey
Is that rep log in the current version 1.46 (new to me.) or one yet to be released?

Cheers
Brent

Big or Small, We Ship it all!
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 3:08pm
Its in the 1.46 update, Finance page, left side.
Greg
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 3:59pm
Note that it's not historical, it'll only show entries from 1.46 onwards.
AirHauler Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic