This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Summer 2009  | |  Where have you been / going ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer 2009 | | Where have you been / going ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:20pm
Martin - there are now several sites that offer - small and cheap wooden accomodation.

Called Pods  - in this current format - they are as big as a very large family tent, but they may be something you could try - as they are cheaper than some parks at £37 per night and sleeps 4 - all you need is your sleeping bag.

This is a link from the camping & Caravan club - but there are other places that you can get them

We both suffer with a bad back now and again - me with Sciattica and the wife general wear and tear from her playing days, but we find the harder surface to be beneficial - although to be fair we do use a flock covered inflatable mattress. - Although we caravan we also still use a tent - as there are some places we like to go to that will not allow vans on site.

Good Luck - and yes we are always on the look out for a film crew with Mr Clarkson in tow - not nessessarily to give him a piece of our mind - but to ask him could he tow as well as my missus ?????
GBL View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:11pm
Just booked Tenerife 02-16 Dec but made a hash of the flights. I thought i would be clever and get the 0700 easyJet flight out of Gatwick and return on Aer Lingus from Tenerife as the easyJet would get in 6hrs before the Aer Lingus out of Gatwick. So i booked the out bound easyJet flight and then tried the Aer Lingus return flight,  but it was in euros, so i continued thinking its still not to bad a price, but then after getting through Pax names etc i had to add the baggage on ( Unlike easyJet where you add it on first and see the price, Aer Lingus give you the choice at the paying stage) so it would end up more expensive than the return easyJet price OuchOuch, so i aborted it and booked easyJet from Tenerife which was in Euros and as it was another booking i ended up paying 2 lots of Debit card fees and i have 2 separate booking forms, plus i've got to fill everyones details out twice OuchOuch. I'm so stupid sometimes, what looks cheap is not always so cheap OuchOuch. I'm going with my 2 daughters.
Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:27pm
When I was travelling to Bonaire, I arrived at Amsterdam and ran to catch the flight! Got there with a few minuites to spare and I waited for the que to die down. When I got to boarding I was told they had given away my seat and transferd me onto another seat. So they got everyone on board and the captain came over the intercom saying that they had discoverded a suspected oil leak. About an hour had passed and he came over the intercom again saying it was not an oil leak but a hydrolic leak. He said they were going to bring another MD11 from the other side of the airport and if the problem wasn't fixed we'd have to get onto that one. So out the window I spotted the other MD11 taxi to the gate next to us. So we all disembarked and waited in a holding area. It took another hour for them to board passengers with young chilldren (as I was traveling alone I tagged along with these). Although 3hrs late my uncle had no way of knowing about the delay and we were ment to arrive at 2am local. I got through immergration at 6:45! 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic