This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Summer 2009  | |  Where have you been / going ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer 2009 | | Where have you been / going ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer 2009 | | Where have you been / going ?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 11:54am
Hey guys,

Well unfortunately for the first time in a long time, I havnt been able to go abroad.  Alot of money has been spent on the house instead.

Have you gone anywhere nice this summer ?

What did you travel on ?

Did anything particulary interesting / funny / scary happen ?

Smile

-Chris

Generic forum signature
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:11pm
Well usally we take it turn about, one year abroad and one at home.  This year we went camping in Gairloch and Oban.  It was very nice, but on the last day when we woke up there were swarms of misqitoes, it was awfull, I quickly went to sit in the car while my mum and dad packed up the tent, then lots of misquitoes got into the car and it was awfull, it too ages to get rid of then.  Horible things, I didn't get many bites but my mum and dad are coverd even with a net on.

Give me Nice/Monaco anyday! 

CptColossi View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CptColossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:17pm
2008 - Summer - Mon 27th July (1 Week) Zakynthos, Greece - First Choice Airways
2009 - Summer - Mon 27th July (1 Week) Zakynthos, Greece - ThomsonFly (FC livery)

Went the same apartments twice in two years, and I would gladly make it 3 in 3!
Tongue
If anyone has been to Zakynthos, you'll know the proximity of the runway to the main road, its like its own little Princess Juliana over there, when the wind is right! ;)

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:29pm
Zakynthos is a really nice place, I went there a few years ago, and always remember the good cheese toasties at the bar.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Zakynthos is a really nice place, I went there a few years ago, and always remember the good cheese toasties at the bar.

I went there a few years ago,  i had those cheese toasties ! hahaha nice nice
Generic forum signature
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:37pm
Cry Didn't go anywhere this summer. Much to my Mum's disapproval, we (me and my Dad) got a new car instead.

Have to make it a Winter holiday, December time, rather than a Summer holiday..

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
CptColossi View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CptColossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Matt N Matt N wrote:

Cry Didn't go anywhere this summer. Much to my Mum's disapproval, we (me and my Dad) got a new car instead.

Have to make it a Winter holiday, December time, rather than a Summer holiday..

Matt.

I bet she was impressed! Haha
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:57pm
What type of car did you get?
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:04pm
I bet she was impressed! Haha

She went mad when we told her. So now there's a new kitchen being fitted in October, she's quite content now..

What type of car did you get?

It's a Clio Sport, manual. Being delivered end of September.

Matt.

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:11pm
I went to Lanzarote for the second time - absolutely brilliant place! Some places like the beach fronts were too commercial (I.E Too British)
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 1:53pm
I went to Venice, the US and Canada, and Bulgaria.  Venice is a fantastic place - plenty of small winding streets with little shops, - though expensive.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 5:25pm
I went to the Black Hills to see Mt. Rushmore and the working on Crazy Horse. It was great! I got the chance to take the very helicopter tour in the video shown below (only I was in a Robinson R44). What an experience! Also, it was the first time I'd been airborne in over five years. I miss the sky...

What a great helicopter!
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 7:28pm
Not going anywhere this summer except work. Thumbs%20Down And maybe a night in the cells since the football season has started, ahh good times. Cool

Went to Ireland with my mate in January though, just got leglessly drunk everyday, sprained my wrist on the last night aswell. .
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 8:50pm
Tenerife (Where i am now)
Thomson/FirstChoice
Wayout A321
Wayin ???

I'm enjoying it so far though
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 6:36am
Mallorca on a Monarch A321
Bonaire Fokker 70/ MD11

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 1:46am
Just come back (well landed at 3am on the 16th at gatwick) from Spain, Landed at Alicante but stayed near Benidorm, The whole of the 16 Days was hot hot hot and better still stayed at my Girlfriend's Family villa Big%20smile.

Plane going out and coming back was G-TTOB 1 of Easy's new A320's (Ex British Airways)which is still very much in its half livery. Noisey engines, Landing Gear  going up and coming down sounded like it needed replacing it was that bumpy and noisey, ALTHO on a good note the old British Airways seats was lovely and soft unlike EZY's 319 Seats.

Holiday's coming up - Spain again in october and another holiday at Christmas which is still in the planning where to go .
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Minty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:46pm
Unfortunatly due to ongoing health problems - my wife for the past 6 years has been unable to fly - the pressure could kill her so we have been told not to fly and its not something we would chance.

So we took the caravan for a week in Norfolk - lovely place near Cromer, and then pulled back to the Peak District for another week, stayed on a farm about 12 miles from Ashbourne, again a lovely place.

Some good walking area around Dovedale, went to Chatsworth House, a place really worth visiting. You would need a whole day to see the house and gardens.

My wife decided that she would tow the van all the way to Cromer, and also from the Peak District to home, (I did the bit in the middle).

Its quite interesting to see other motorists faces when we pull up at services, and my wife gets out of the driving seat, there is a lot of double takes, especially as its not a little caravan. Its a twin axle Abbey Spectrum 540 (weighs nearly 2 tons and is 28 feet in length) that we pull with a Landrover Discovery.

And we have just got back from a Weekend in Cardiff as my wife was playing in the Wales Millennium Theatre. Whilst there we saw the sound of Music and met Connie Fisher.

Thinking of going back to the Peak District in October half term and the Cotswolds in February.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:03am

Just don't drive near the Top Gear boys Minty. Big%20smile

To be honest, it's a very, very long time since I went on holiday. Can't drive too far due to my back and then there's financial difficulties of course.

However, feel the urge coming on, so do it in lots of short driving sessions and plenty of breaks, and who knows.

Best holiday I've had was nothing fancy, just a stay in a wooden lodge, elevated into the trees. It was in Devon. The wildlife that visited us up in the trees was fantastic.

Trouble was, my wife noticed that the window looked a bit weird, as we sat on the balcony, admiring the scenery and identifying various species. So DIY expert that I am, I leapt into action and attempted an impressive fix. Gave it a shove, and the whole pane slid out into my arms, heavy it was as well. Managed to maneuver it back into place eventually, and then it was back to entertaining our selves feeding the squirrels.

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 3:00pm
Was thinking of going away in a couple of weeks but unable to get time off work.
Did go to Kenya though in Feb ( honeymoon actually ) Flew with Monarch on a A330-200

It's a Clio Sport, manual. Being delivered end of September.

I'm assuming its the 2litre 172 or 182 version?
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 3:27pm
Its the 1.6 128 GT, I'll drop a link if I find one.

Matt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic