This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is AH worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is AH worth it ?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 3:43am
Hey guys.

Air Hauler is new teritory, I'm thinking of getting it soon but somethings holding me back.

I have heard LOTS of complaints about AH because of bugs, on the internet and on the JF Forum.  Is it really littered with so many ? is it just teething problems or what.

-Chris

Generic forum signature
sstonge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstonge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 4:35am
I would say it is well worth the price. The only bugs that still exist are minor ones and are experienced by few users. 
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:26am
I give it two thumbs up, well worth the money in my opinion.
Greg
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:28am
 AH is TOTALLY WORTH EVERY CENT! You owe it to yourself to try this masterpiece.  I've been into flight sim for about 20 years and this is the BEST add-on I've ever used.  I couldn't even imagine flight simming without it as it would seem so POINTLESS just to fly around like I used to.  I've never encountered a bug that was a deal breaker for me, and most that I've heard of I never actually had happen to me.  I think when people see a program with lots of updates constantly they assume its full of bugs and is getting fixed a lot.  But actually AH just keeps getting better because new features are being added regularly.  I was completely satisfied when I bought it  in April, and it has increased in value threefold since then.  These guys are serious about offering a quality product, and the service is the best Ive ever seen.  Try it and you'll be hooked.Thumbs%20Up
Lazer-
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:39am
There's a new term on this forum - AirHaulic.  Most of us can quit any time we want, but we just don't want to - ever.  I hope you have an understanding wife and family.  They'll be seeing a lot of your back.
John Allard
hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 6:52am
Yes my wife had mentioned she noticed a bald spot! 
If it were to ever become a "AH or me" situation after 16 years of marriage I afraid she'd have to go....... and if she ever reads this, somebody else was using my handle! hehe

Dinomite Bill
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 8:33am
I've got AH, but I seem to get very board of it.  It was brilliant for the first week, but then I started to get board of it. 

Chris.  If you don't like GA I wouldn't reccomend AH because you really need to start small and work your way up.
Mickel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 9:29am
But if you hate tubes, and would be happiest running a small plane VFR around some of the terrific terrain packages around, then you'd be a happy camper.  And if one part of the world gets a little tedious, start up some place else.  I found it leading me to buy add-ons (like said scenery and more aircraft) to supplement it... which may or may not be a good thing. 

I haven't had a fault that couldn't be attributed to the user (me).  None that are due to AH and are specifically defined get left unattended, AFAIK.
chelseamad View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chelseamad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 2:13pm
This is a great add on Chris. I have had it since it first came out and have had very few problems with it. The support is the best around and all the updates are down to the dedication of Duncan the developer who puts most other developers customer care to shame.

You don't need to start with a GA, sell the learjet and lease something you fancy and employ some pilots and before you know it you will be able to buy something bigger.

The beauty of this programme is you can play it how you want.

If you like FS Passengers then you will love this.

Steve

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 3:08pm
Quote If you don't like GA I wouldn't reccomend AH because you really need to start small and work your way up.

That's simply not the case. One of the starting options has a LearJet for example.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 3:09pm
Thanks for all the responses, a universal thumbs up then for Air Hauler !

@ Tom : Excellent point, I have heard that you need to start small to go onto bigger and better things, shame I dont like GA.  Apparently there are alternative routes though.

@ Chelseamad : Yup I enjoy FSPassengers, so AH is a go for me :)

Ill let you know when I get it (probably when I get my new computer)

Thanks for all the responses, very helpful.Smile

-Chris
Generic forum signature
Turbineflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 4:13am
Between AH and FTX, OZx and AA Airfields. I have to go to meetings. At a meeting they told me I still had a family and three kids. I thought she was the dispatch lady and my kids were flightline mechs and prop spinners. Go figure!
Career Mode stats:
skinink66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinink66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 8:57am
Probably the best flight sim add-on I've purchased since FS2000, hands down!!!!  Whether your looking to fly GA or the heavies or anything in between.  Only issue I would says is that it does take a little while to get going, but once you start moving, you have the freedom to run a dsmall company or expand to FedEx proportions. 

John
CactusAir View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CactusAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:31pm
My answer would be a resounding "yes"!  I am rarely enthusiastic about games, I simply don't have the time I used to in my younger days.  But AH keeps me looking for that extra hour to make a quick flight, that extra few minutes to set up "my pilots" on a few runs out and back.  It's a joy, and it has re-energized my love of FSX.

What this will do is give you a reason to explore. I fly to airports I'd never have any interest in flying to otherwise, so I have "seen" vastly different portions of my country as a result.  I am also flying in aircraft I'd never previously had interest in, and have fallen in love with several of them.

This is such an open-ended thing that you can really make it whatever you want.  I had aims of becoming the world's biggest trans-Pacific hauling company, but I am having so much fun flying into dirt fields in gorgeous canyons that I've stayed in the American Southwest and have kept my fleet of aircraft relatively small and versatile.  It's all what you make of it!

There are occasional bugs, yes.  I had a malady (which I still get, but very rarely now) where my pilots, upon being tasked with two separate runs to the same airport, don't always unload the cargo correctly.  My workaround has been to assign each mission separately, so they do one and THEN the other, and that seems to have abated most of the problem.  It is worth noting that every time any of us have issues, Slopey is Johnny-on-the-spot with a response and a fix.  How many of us can say that about any other company?  It's simply incredible how much time and energy he invests into helping us out, and that alone makes any of these bugs much less of an issue.

This game doesn't require much of a monetary investment.  I'd say purchasing it should be a no-brainer for any Flight Sim fan.  :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic