This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone Stop These Eco Idiots!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:27pm
Quote not that I read the rubbish here of course.

If you wanted to be taken seriously, then you would read them, and consider them.

There is no scientist worse than an ignorant one, who is closed-minded and refuses to consider the possibility they are wrong.

There are too many sources that question the IPCC. Because they are not the IPCC however, they are thrown out as trash.

Remember - the same Governments that lied to us over Iraq and Afghanistan are the same Governments feeding you with this man-made climate rubbish!

Vulcan.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 1:03am
Quote If you wanted to be taken seriously, then you would read them, and consider them.

They're not scientific ideas man, they're rubbish. Why would I read them? And what exactly would I want to be taken seriously on? I haven't contributed anything!

Quote There is no scientist worse than an ignorant one, who is closed-minded and refuses to consider the possibility they are wrong.

I'm not a scientist, and neither are you. If I was a scientist, then I would of course listen to the ideas of other scientists. Again, this is a load of rubbish. Nothing said here has been scientific!

Quote Remember - the same Governments that lied to us over Iraq and Afghanistan are the same Governments feeding you with this man-made climate rubbish!

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Why do you keep referring to this? Ignore the government, ignore the bloody IPCC if your mistrust in the government is this extreme (not that I blame you). Listen to the scientists if you don't believe what anyone else is telling you.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 1:04am
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Geosciences Research Division, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0220, USA.

is not scientific enough??

Vulcan.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 1:09am
You didn't get what I said.

I never said the material was unscientific. I said the arguments were.

Every graph is scientific. It doesn't mean the argument it's used in is.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:18am
Got to agree with Odai about the Climate change,

what i would say though, is that we're not as bad as we are being made out me thinks :)
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 9:43am
You claim the politicians are biased and invented global warming to con us...

And then you link to the association of British Drivers. .  

Try linking to the published research in nature, or science, rather than British petrol heads. Big%20smile
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:04am
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Geosciences Research Division, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0220, USA.

is not scientific enough??

Vulcan.

Yes but you misinterpret it don't you Vulcan. Wink

The initial warm period before CO2 rise was not caused by CO2, other factors cause a rise in temperature also, like changes in the Earths orbit, affecting the amount of summer Sunshine, Atlantic ocean slowdowns ETC. However, after the temperature reached a critical level, it induced the release of CO2 from permafrost etc.

I find it amusing that it's so easy to counter your claims, ironically, by quoting from the very same oceanographic institution you quoted from. Big%20smile

This is what Guest Contributor: Jeff Severinghaus, Professor of Geosciences at University of California, San Diego, Scripps Institution of Oceanography really has to say... Wink

What does the lag of CO2 behind temperature in ice cores tell us about global warming?

This is an issue that is often misunderstood in the public sphere and media, so it is worth spending some time to explain it and clarify it. At least three careful ice core studies have shown that CO2 starts to rise about 800 years (600-1000 years) after Antarctic temperature during glacial terminations. These terminations are pronounced warming periods that mark the ends of the ice ages that happen every 100,000 years or so.

Does this prove that CO2 doesn’t cause global warming? The answer is no.

The reason has to do with the fact that the warmings take about 5000 years to be complete. The lag is only 800 years. All that the lag shows is that CO2 did not cause the first 800 years of warming, out of the 5000 year trend. The other 4200 years of warming could in fact have been caused by CO2, as far as we can tell from this ice core data.

The 4200 years of warming make up about 5/6 of the total warming. So CO2 could have caused the last 5/6 of the warming, but could not have caused the first 1/6 of the warming.

It comes as no surprise that other factors besides CO2 affect climate. Changes in the amount of summer sunshine, due to changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun that happen every 21,000 years, have long been known to affect the comings and goings of ice ages. Atlantic ocean circulation slowdowns are thought to warm Antarctica, also.

events Guest Contributor: Jeff Severinghaus
Professor of Geosciences
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego.

dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:46am
Hey, just thought I'd put my opinion down here.

There is NOTHING we can do! Sending solar panels into space is messing with nature, and if anything will make the situation worse. The earth naturally goes through periods of ice age and through warmer periods. This is due to many reasons, the axis on which the earth tilts, or example, or changes in sun spot activity in the sun. However either way following the pattern of ice ages so far, we are due for one any time now. This might be why we're seeing what people call 'global warming'. This is one of these fluxations, which could lead to the slowing down of the gulf stream, leading to extream cold and there you have it, ice age.

Personally I think global warming is the media kicking up a fuss.

Thanks to Mr Parkers Geography lessons for the info!

Dom
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:11pm
Oh dear, someone who has obviously not read anything we have previously posted, or any climate science. Unhappy
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:35pm
No - someone else who thinks, too.

"could" does not cut it scientifically, and again, "could" is being read as "does". "could" doesn't prove it EITHER way. WE DO NOT KNOW - that is the reality. "could" also means "it could not". You could replace all instances of "could" with "could not" and it would still be valid.

If the first 800 years of warming is not CO2 related, you can NOT possibly say that CO2 accounts for the other 5/6 ths - that is one hell of an amplification! CO2 alone rises temperature by 5 times (or 500%)????

That is making facts fit theory again.

What caused the first 800 years of warming??? Where did the heat energy come from in the first 800 years that CO2 was not around to amplify? Where did the heat energy come from that the CO2 is allegedly amplifying after the 800 year period? 500% amplification is entirely impossible, but this is exactly what scientists are implying. They are suggesting that if CO2 wasn't in the atmosphere, the other 4200 years of warming would not have occurred.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:58pm
I'm very sick of seeing these kinds of posts, not that I read the rubbish here of course

How can you see the posts if you don't read them??? And if so why are you here?

These people know far, far better than you. Looking through quickly, it's quite laughable the arguments you try to throw at each other. They're completely unscientific, they have no decent foundation

Nothing wrong with a good old debate! Thats half the reason forums are made.

Anyway back on course i was just wondering about the solar panels. judging by the image they have shown on the website wouldn't it affect the lifestyle if they stay in orbit with the planet? Because wouldn't they block out sun light to some vast areas?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 3:47pm

If the first 800 years of warming is not CO2 related, you can NOT possibly say that CO2 accounts for the other 5/6 ths - that is one hell of an amplification!

They aren't, they are saying it's likely. However we do see a direct correlation between the CO2 emitted by us and the temperature rise during the industrial revolution, without  any of the natural causes of temperature rise being present.

That is making facts fit theory again.

That’s misinterpreting the statement; again, they are not claiming to know for certain only pointing out the logical possibilities based on the research.

What caused the first 800 years of warming??? Where did the heat energy come from in the first 800 years that CO2 was not around to amplify? Where did the heat energy come from that the CO2 is allegedly amplifying after the 800 year period?

You’ve already been told...

Quote It comes as no surprise that other factors besides CO2 affect climate. Changes in the amount of summer sunshine, due to changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun that happen every 21,000 years, have long been known to affect the comings and goings of ice ages. Atlantic ocean circulation slowdowns are thought to warm Antarctica, also.

Solar activity etc, etc.

Actually there are many factors other than CO2 that can increase temperature, and the inevitable result is release of locked up CO2 after a lag.

CO2 pumped into the atmosphere increases temperature, it's called the green house effect, basic junior school science, and higher temperatures as a result of any phenomenon you care to mention can accelerate the release of CO2.

This isn't difficult you know. But you tend to make it as difficult as you can due to your bias against anything relating to anthropomorphic warming.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic