This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Concorde questions, fuel and electrics...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrickb14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Concorde questions, fuel and electrics...
    Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 9:20pm
I just bought the concorde and made 2 succesfull flights. Paris - New York and New York - London. I am very pleased with the aircraft.

But I have a problem. I have de PFE activated, however, in my flight to New York, i had a enigine failure due to fuel (no 2 and later on 3) in the approach. In my flight to London, i lost Nr 2 after landing, during taxi. Both times my fueltotal was still more than 18 Tons on the main panel. I departed with al tanks full.

As I have the PFE activated, I was under the impression (because of the tutorial) that de PFE could prevent this from happening. With 18 tons (both times) as reserve, i find it strange that this happens.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have also a second problem. During my startup today, (the flight to London) I used the tutorial again. I did everything right, I double checked, however, my radio and lights did not work. At the end i decided to open with a beach, put the avionicsswitch on, and return to Concorde. As this is no fun, I was a bit dissappointed. And it cost me much time, because I had to do the rest of the preflight all over.

Do you have any idea what i did wrong here? I could not find a avionicsswitch on my electric panel. What i did see was in the first instance that Gen 2 and 3 lights where not burning. However, i did nog succeed in getting them on.

I hope you are able to help me with these 2 problems. I want to fly online asap, but with a bit of practice.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 10:20pm
Have you turned the afterburners off?  If these are on they will use twice as much fuel.
Patrickb14 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrickb14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:03pm
Yes, I did. I turned them off after 5000 ft and only on between mach 0.95 26000 ft until 1.7 mach, as the manual says.
But the problem is that ik had 18 tons of fuel left. So that's the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic