This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbus Long Haul FMGS pre-calculated speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerio320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbus Long Haul FMGS pre-calculated speed
    Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 10:59am
Hello,
in the tutorial flight of the Airbus A330-200 it is written that, passing 10.000 feet it is possible to left-click the speed knob and let the FMGS calculate the best climb speed for the given weight.
In my experience this results in a speed around 190 kts, dangerously near to the stall speed in thin air with clean configuration, and anyway too low for a big jet.
Anybody had the same trouble?
Thank you in advance,
Valerio.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 1:13pm
I had this problem when I first got Airbus Series Vol.1

It happened because the default fuel loadout made the plane a few thousand pounds overweight.  Check your fuel settings, you wont need to use max fuel anyway, just enough for the flight you are doing.  Failing that check your passenger loadout etc.  Might not be the reason why but it was for me
Generic forum signature
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 1:17pm
Hi, I don't know much about the F-lite range as I don't use them but here are a few suggestions that might work, it depends on how well the FMGC is modled.

On the climb page enter 250 as your speed and keep the speed selector to ---* this means the aircraft will hold 250kts.

When past FL100 enter your ECON SPD, which should be predicted by the FMGC, normally somewhere arounds 290-330kts depending on CI.

This means the aircraft should start to accelerate. 

I have made a tutorial for the A320, which will also work with the A330, but if your are using F-lite some of the functions may not work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic