This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A T C no voices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A T C no voices
    Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 1:12pm
i have no pilot or ATC voices after install of traffic x although they are showing in setup screen can anyone help with this prob    Nosher
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:57pm
I can't think of anything that TrafficX would do to disable this.  What happens when you open the ATC window?  Do you see  the ATC communications but don't just get the sound?
Chuck Morse
Nosher View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:34pm
Yes Chuck that is exactly what happens have you any ideas ?
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:32pm
Not yet.  So there is no audio for the ATC, even when you communicate with ATC from your own aircraft?  Do you hear the other FSX sounds, ie.  the engine, flaps, etc?  I thing there are some options under "settings" but I am not near my FSX system at the moment.  I'll double check this when I get home.
Chuck Morse
Nosher View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:36pm
Chuck all sounds are as normal and working well i have atc turned to max but still no joy ,the atc window opens as normal but no sound i have tryed al pilot voices listed  to no avail ?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 11:25pm
I don't have a solution ... but here are some things you may want to check ...

1. Check your FSX Sound settings ... under Windows Sound Devices ... check that Sounds and Voice are both correctly set to use your default audio device (soundcard). The settings should usually be set to "<Default Primary Device>" and "<Default Voice Device>" respectively. Although, depending on your soundcard, you may need to choose different settings.

2. In your ...\FSX\Sound\ATC folder you should have a file "USEnglishBig.gvp". Check to see if that file is there.

3. Check your FSX config file "fsx.cfg" and make sure the following lines exist. For XP, fsx.cfg is here: in "C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\(Your Windows User Name)\Microsoft\FSX" ... and for Vista, fsx.cfg is here: "C:\Users\(Your Windows User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

[ATC]
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=262144

Nosher View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 8:45am
tried to follow instructions for vista and found nothing    \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"
Nosher View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 6:53pm
Chuck i solved the problem by re installing windows thanks for your help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic