This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'UFO' on BBC Look North webcam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'UFO' on BBC Look North webcam
    Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:16am
Have to say that is quite strange as there is a lot of other video footage captured of the very same phenomena. If I wasn't such a sceptic I'd be seriously wondering what was going on...
Every other UFO sighting seems to be of these things (can't remember the name of it right now though)
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

Every other UFO sighting seems to be of these things (can't remember the name of it right now though)

Chinese Lanterns?  Or you thinking of something else?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 2:37pm
Bit weird that one, it was too fast to be a bird or something just in front of the lens flying past, as the trajectory was that of an object flying away from the camera into the distance.
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 2:43pm
Weird...
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
Why would a UFO come all the way to Earth and then visit Newcastle of all places...

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:01pm
Not that anyone is saying it's a visitor from outer space of course.  Big%20smile

However... why would they visit anywhere?

You would say that about any location.

They have to get from A to B, via some quite boring location's, on the way, why not observe the Geordie lifeforms.

concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:13pm
Good point Martyn why NewCastle why not London, Paris, Brussels, New York or any other place like that?
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:16pm
Plenty of "Sightings" as well over New York, Paris and Peckham.

Last seen disappearing back to wherever they came from with discounted TVs, Deep Freeze and David Bowie LPs
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:20pm
Sure it isn't something close to the camera blowing in the breeze?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:31pm
Bog roll trajectory?
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
liamp51 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamp51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:07pm
I think it's what they call a "rod". There was a show on the History channel called Monster Quest. I don't know if you folks get it across the pondSmile. But on that show they said that it could be some sort of really fast flying creature. Or they said it could be some sort of being or vehicle that can travel between dimensions. If that is true that means you might not see the whole vehicle or creature, that explains why some scientists think that a rod shaped creature could not fly.

All just theory. There's been lots of "rods" caught on tape and in pictures.

Very odd,
liamp51
Any body up for some sushi!?
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by liamp51 liamp51 wrote:

I think it's what they call a "rod". There was a show on the History channel called Monster Quest. I don't know if you folks get it across the pondSmile. But on that show they said that it could be some sort of really fast flying creature. Or they said it could be some sort of being or vehicle that can travel between dimensions. If that is true that means you might not see the whole vehicle or creature, that explains why some scientists think that a rod shaped creature could not fly.

Very odd,
liamp51

Just finished watching the latest monster quest! one of my fav shows Tongue

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:48pm

I think it's what they call a "rod".

No, it’s what we call utter nonsense. I watched the Discovery show, and it didn’t amuse me,it angered me.

Anything that moves rapidly enough will be recorded as an elongated image if the exposure is low enough.

The object in the Newcastle video is likely to be a fast moving bird. An unusual example, but that's my guess.

But on that show they said that it could be some sort of really fast flying creature. Or they said it could be some sort of being or vehicle that can travel between dimensions.

Laughable that wasn't it?

No, not even theory more like a figment of the imagination, or another ploy to make money from the gullible. The so called rods were undoubtedly fast moving insects or birds, and the slow exposure records them as elongated.

We may find the Newcastle video curious, and a tad unusual, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would jump to the conclusion that it was an inter-dimensional being.

liamp51 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamp51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:56pm
Yea that was pretty laughable. 
Any body up for some sushi!?
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 8:18pm
It reminded me very much of some rocket fireworks that somebody let off in Croydon last week before dark.
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:21pm
Could of been some sort of relfection (internal or external) on the camera lens.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 8:28am
Who knows magic, wasn't my first impression, but it's easy to be fooled by such things.
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 9:14am
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Sure it isn't something close to the camera blowing in the breeze?

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Vulcan seems to be giving the most sensible explanation.

I think it's a peice of litter in the breeze or a fast moving white bird.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 10:24am
Fast moving bird maybe, but litter, I would say no, too fast and the trajectory to stable.

It would take more than a breeze to move something that fast, and light enough to achieve that velocity would have an unstable flightpath.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic