This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dissapearing Planes!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dissapearing Planes!!!!
    Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 6:14pm
hello does anyone have this problem on fsx whilst using Traffic X...planes vanishing into thin air!!!!

I hadn't noticed it before but when i was waiting to depart Sangster Airport, Montego Bay, Jamaica, i was told to hold short as incoming flights were coming into land. I was next in line for take off with an Air Cananda waiting behind me....but as i was looking around waiting for the incoming aircraft to land the Air Canada flight just vanished....i prob wouldn't of noticed this if i was given take-off clearence straight away.....does this happen because maybe the Air Canada flight reached its departure time and hadn't taken off so just vanishes...also the 3rd of 3 incoming flights i was waiting for vanished shortly after touchdown!!!!! is there a fix for this and does anyone else experience this!!! 
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 6:56pm
Hi,

The problem is something to do with the AI schedule for that plane.  If it starts to get delayed it will jump to where it should be at the give time.  For example  if a flight was in a takeoff queue and it was supposted to be at say 10,000 by a specific time then yeah it will jump to 10,000 so it isn't late when it lands.  If only real planes did that!

Some one may have a better answer to me but that is basicly what happens.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 9:25pm
thanks for that i thought it must be something like that...yea if only they did, so i take it theres no fix for it as whenever it goes over schedule it just jumps to where it suppose to be!!!! 
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 7:51am
If an AI aircraft does not make progress on the taxiway, FSX (and other versions before it) starts a timer.  If the timer expires and the aircraft has not moved, it is deleted to ensure taxi-ways do not become permanently blocked.  This may happen for both taxi-out and taxi-in, and good airport design can help reduce these occurances.

After the aircraft is deleted it may get recreated.  If the taxi-out gets deleted, the aircraft will be created in the air, at least 10nm into its flight plan.  For Taxi-in I have not observed consistency, sometimes they are recreated at a gate sometimes not.

SuperTrafficBoard handles deleted taxi-in to ensure they are always recreated so long as parking is available, so you do not see an activity reduction over time.

Regards
Simon

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:11pm
You sold me Traffic X, you shouldn't be useing it unless you rebrought the product (at a loss). Its not stricly legal.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 1:23pm
thats exactly what i did re-brought it and not at a loss either!!!
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by wayne0881 wayne0881 wrote:

thats exactly what i did re-brought it and not at a loss either!!!

Okay, can we please put what happened behind us and forget it. I'm not 100% to blame and neither are you.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic