This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dodo and the Quest...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dodo and the Quest...
    Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:28pm
Took the plunge and picked up the Dodosim206 Jet Ranger for FSX. Wife left for work. Actually she was gone when I bought the Dodo. That would not have gone over well at all in itself. Started Air Hauler. Made another new company. Sold the stock LearJet and purchased 2 of the Dodosim 206's as they were only eight hundred thousand and some change each and had money to spare so I picked up a new Quest Kodiak too.

Warming up my bird at Saidor (SDR) PNG Raw Grit/Bush Trekker

Skirting the high pass enroute to make a delivery in PNG.

The Kodiak at FIN, PNG after a short flight. This is the ULTIMATE bush plane.

More adventures to come next weekend in Australia with FTX, OzX 2.2 and Ants Aussie Airfields.

"Bulldog"
Career Mode stats:
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:25pm
Very nice, I like the idea of using a helicopter for cargo but I am just awful at flying one. 
Greg
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:47am
Nice work!  Like the scenery.
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 9:09pm
 Great shots bud!Thumbs%20Up I've always loved copters because my fathers an ex army Huey pilot, and as a child I grew up around them.
 I'm a little ashamed to say, but I also have a hard time flying helo's, but its a nice change of pace once in a while.
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 1:18am
Me too...it's kind of fun just to take one up and crash into things, but with my lack of skill, it's a tedious way to get from point A to B. Ouch
Turbineflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:45am

Thanks mates. Practice, practice, practice and lots of patience. It's like learning to balance three balls at the same time, one on top of the other on top of the other. I love GA flying in flightsim and am a long term (Student Pilot), but every once in a while the whirlybird bug gets in me and I go for a long time flying them and go back to props for a while. I loved being in a Blackhawk, Huey or Defender when I was in the Army. Always wanted to be a heli pilot in the real world, but it's even more expensive than being a prop flyer. Maybe someday. :)

Career Mode stats:
seaniam81 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniam81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 7:38pm
Darrin those are some amazing shots, how is Dodo's a/c i see they have a Huey is it any good?
Turbineflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 4:37am
Hey Sean,

The Huey is a WIP so far. The 206 is worth every penny. It's an investment. You will either learn to fly it, or not. It's a highly detailed sim within a sim of the Bell 206. Best money I have spent on FSX in a while. Go for it!
Career Mode stats:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic