This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS9 PSS Airbus and AH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBC99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS9 PSS Airbus and AH
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:40am
Hi All,

The PSS Airbus for FS9 can be very useful in AH - cargo capacity of over 83,000 for AI pilots (over 100000 if flying self on short to medium trips) allowing you to get your money back quickly. I leased one and just used it on AI jobs for a few days as I was busy on other things. When I came to fly it myself an old "problem" resurfaced which I had completely forgotten about - the dead battery glitch which means that you can't raise/lower the landing gear after a short while. This is not conducive to greaser landings in AH and soon leads to financial meltdownWink. I think I have now sorted a way to deal with this, so set this out below in case anyone else has the same problem.

The PSS Airbus has a bug in it which means that there is an electrical failure after a short time. The usual solution is to start a flight with the default aircraft and change to the Airbus. There are also suggested solutions involving changes to the aircraft.cfg file and using FSUIPC, but only if you have the registered version of the latter. (For more details put "electrical failure" in the search box of the Avsim PSS Unofficial Support Forum).

The change to the .cfg file on its own didn't work for me and AH does of course start a flight with the Airbus direct. After some trial and error I have discovered that the following appears to solve the problem:-

Start a job in the normal way - you should get the Airbus in cold and dark start up and the usual AH message box. Check the fuel and payload numbers from the Aircraft menu and make a note of them.

Before doing anything else change the aircraft to the Cessna Grand Caravan and switch on the Battery and Generator switches.

Switch aircraft back to the Airbus. The fuel and payload numbers will almost certainly be different so change them back to the original ones noted above (probably doen't matter how you spread the cargo as long as the total is the same??)

Then and only then switch on the battery on the Airbus overhead panel, start APU and proceed as normal.

I also changed the aircraft.cfg file just in case.

Have now succesfully flown a couple of flights using this method, so hope it might save someone else the hassle and/or company failure.

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic