This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iPhone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iPhone?
    Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:38pm
I am planing to order the iPhone 3Gs today and wanted to see what the JF forum embers thought of the iPhone.

What do you think

Thanks
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:39pm
I only have an iPod Touch 2nd gen, but based on how superb that is, I'd highly recommend the iPhone
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:41pm
I wouldnt recommend its cost, unless your a REALLY REALLY hardcore phone user. 
Generic forum signature
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:47pm
Chris. The cost isn't that bad $99 for the 16 GB and $199 for the 32gb
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:48pm

Depends what you want it for really. If you want music, games, applications, Internet etc.. you probably can't go wrong with an iPhone. The interface is a breeze, and browsing the Internet on one is a pleasure. 

On the flip-side if you make a lot of calls, or are looking to do business/office work, you would probably want to look around first. I'm not saying that the iPhone is no good for making calls, but there are a lot of users experiencing niggles with that side of the phone, poor speaker quality, call cut outs etc...

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:53pm
It's quite simply the best phone I have ever used - knocks the socks off of the Windows Mobile devices hands down.

You'll wonder how you managed without it - it's revolutionised my use of mobile internet.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

It's quite simply the best phone I have ever used - knocks the socks off of the Windows Mobile devices hands down.

You'll wonder how you managed without it - it's revolutionised my use of mobile internet.

+1 if you buy it your never buy another mobile phone Tongue

Flightboy
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:41pm
Thanks for the replies. I will use it for texting, email, internet, music, videos, games, etc
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:48pm
I have a 2nd Gen iPod touch (32MB) and it is absolutely superb! I use it all the time!

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:51pm
I am pretty sure it only has a 2MP camera though, so if you like taking vids.pics i wouldn't reccomend it
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:54pm
i think that they changed it. its 3mp

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/photos.html
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:57pm
It is indeed 3mp but with a new lens system so the pictures and video are crystal clear!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:08am
Over-rated.

Want internet - get a Netbook. Runs longer on battery, too.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:14am
Quote Over-rated.

Wrong - do you actually have one? I'm still waiting for your "better than iPhone browsing experience" handset...
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:28am
got it and love it
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:26am
Shocked
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:35am
ShockedShockedShocked

Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 10:17am
Not here aswell! You haven't killed your Mac already have you?.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:34pm
Yep, think Flightboy has overdosed on Apple pride, that's two threads now...

Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Quote Over-rated.
Wrong

Actually, depending on what you want from it then it could be seen as over-rated.

What it does, it does very well within the confines of the Apple restrictions. If it does everything you want then it is great for you but I just get a little sick of hearing the same stuff touted about how much better it is than other phones, such as...

Quote it knocks the socks off of the Windows Mobile devices

No it doesn't. There are strenghts and weaknesses to both as with everything in life.

The iPhone wouldn't work for me. A colleague recently made the choice between an iPhone and a new WM device and went with the WM device because the feature set was best for him, he was savvy enough not to be overawed by the pretty interface and the features he required were simply not obtainable on the iPhone.

The Apple lockdown wouldn't work for me neither, I want the option of spare batteries, I want the option of replaceable memory, I want to be able to flash different ROMS and os stuff and customise the thing to do what I want.

Was using mine on the weekend. Had two different GPS packages running at the same time with RDS traffic information being fed to them via the built in FM radio. Rubbish these WM devices...

theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:04pm
Couldn't live without iPhone 3G now, I had a BlackBerry before and it blows it out of the water.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic