This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Scenarios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Scenarios
    Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:19am
I have seen several free scenarios for RS, not a one for fictional routes I left them alone though.  Thankfully one day I decided to give one a go, quickly followed by another and I haven`t regretted it since.

Port Ogden-UK: 

Starts near a turntable with a few engines, the user decides which one and then gets the engine onto the turntable.  This is after working out how to operate the turntable which thankfully uses g for forward and I presume shift g for reverse.  From there its off into the unknown.  Lots of sidings, twists and turns, wonderful scenery.  Tunnels galore, ships getting loaded-you name it.  The eye candy is all in evidence and not overdone.  Many cuts and sidings to explore, lots of shunting and trips-plenty to do for all.

The UK version has a fault, when you go over one of the first sets of points the whole thing freezes.  Their are some ways to circumvent it but the US version has none of these problems.  If you have the American version of RS or the UK version with the Official Expansion then you are able to use all the US routes.  Another good reason for getting the Official Expansion pack.

Metropolitan Suburban-US:

Many many tracks, cross overs, high rise track, over bridges, underground.  A full metropolitan travel system.  Many engines, coaches and  directions to travel in.  This again is really really well done and a must have scenario.

Their is a UK version of this for those who do not have the official expansion pack, I haven`t heard of any problems.  But as I can get either I decided to get the US version because these sometimes have a little more detail and content.  Nice to have choices.....

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic