This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem
    Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 8:14pm

I have a new computer and I installed traffic X and the jetways disappear at some airports.Also how much does traffic X affect frame rates

Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:36am
Providing a complete AI traffic solution is a complicated process.  It requires aircraft, flightplans and an appropriate number of parking spaces (of the right size) at the airports where this traffic takes place.  Just Flight could not have done a reasonable job of providing lots of traffic without modifying the stock airports to add more parking spots.  I would not be surprised if some of their "enhanced" airports have missing jetways.  Can you identify a particular airport that now does not have jetways?  I'll take a look at the airport file they provided to see if they left something out.

As for frame rates, obviously the more AI traffic you have in the area the bigger the framerate hit.  I haven't heard of anyone complaining that the TrafficX aircraft are not framerate friendly so I think this package will be as easy as any other on frame rates.  
Chuck Morse
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 10:30am
Additionally, check the position of the "Scenery complexity" slider in FSX. You may need to move the slider toward the right to see all jetways. To access the slider, do the following:

1. In FSX, go to "Settings."
2. Click on the "Customize..." button.
3. Click on the "Scenery" tab.
4. In the "Scenery objects" section, move the "Scenery complexity" slider further right.
5. Click the "OK" button.

anappy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 4:34pm
It's on very dense
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 1:38am
If you are encountering Traffic X airports that do not have expected jetways, you may want to disable the Traffic X version of the airport and use the default FSX version. Even when Traffic X airports have jetways, there may be problems with those jetways. See my posting under the "Levitating Jetways and Grass Parking Lots" topic for a screenshot of a jetway problem. I have seen worse problems, though. I have seen jetways at Traffic X airports that are not connected to (or even near to) any building.

To disable a specific Traffic X airport and bring back the default FSX version, go to the following folder:

...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery

If a Traffic X version of the airport exists, the airport name will begin with "AF2_" or "AFX_" followed by the ICAO code for the airport. To quit using a Traffic X airport such as AFX_LGAV.BGL, simply rename the file to something like AFX_LGAVBGL.bak. The next time you go to that airport in FSX, FSX will fall back to using the default FSX version of the airport instead of the Traffic X version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic