This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Fatal Error" occurs in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Randy-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Fatal Error" occurs in FSX
    Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:44pm
I have a business set up in FS9 and is working great...so I decided to try FSX.

When I pick a flight and load the cargo and click on Fly.....FSX starts to load up...then I get a "Fatal Error" occured message...then I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working  and MS is looking for a solution".  I click on OK and FS shuts down.

This is in Vista64 and I have User Account Control turned off.

Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks.

concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:48pm
Reinstall FSX. It has happened to me
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
--Randy-- View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Randy-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 7:38pm
Good Grief....that is my only choice???

That is an all day job. 

Why would installing Air Handler cause me to have to reinstall FSX?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 7:45pm
Quote Why would installing Air Handler cause me to have to reinstall FSX?

No - it's got nothing to do with Air Hauler, it's just your FSX installation going pearshaped.

You are running FSX as an administrator aren't you?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
--Randy-- View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Randy-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:08pm
Love that "it's just your FSX installation going pearshaped"...anyway...thanks for the help...I will give that a shot.

Yes..I am running it as administrator....thanks for asking.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:11pm
Unfortunately FSX tends to go pear shaped quite frequently - mine totally killed itself last night on after a brand new install on Win7 x64 - had to reinstall it twice in one night :(
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 9:31pm
fsx has some bugs. no updates
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:54am
Originally posted by pmtos pmtos wrote:

fsx has some bugs. no updates
Thats why I love my trusted FS9 Wink
--Randy-- View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Randy-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:49am
Yea...guess I will stick with FS9...I tried installing AH in Windows 7 and running with FSX and that would not run either...so heck with FSX. 

I will stick with FS9.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:44am
You could try running the FSX fix instead of reinstalling.  I've had problems that were solved just by running the fix.  It's on the original CD that FSX is on.
Greg
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:46am
BTW Herege, I've noticed the changes you've been making to your company's logo.  It keeps getting better.
Greg
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:50am
Interesting papeg, M$ sell a product, FSX in this case with a fix inside? nice.Ermm

I have FSX boxed right when they come out, and he remains stored on the shelf until now.
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:53am
Originally posted by papeg papeg wrote:

BTW Herege, I've noticed the changes you've been making to your company's logo.  It keeps getting better.

Thanks, was just a pontual changes, as they come, as they go. Smile
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:56am

herege,

Is this why I haven't seen you on the new user-radar yet?  I've been looking forward to seeing you and you haven't shown up.
John Allard
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 3:04am
Hi John

I appeared on radar on a flight I made a lunch break, I think that we have the same time zone, just different hours of lunch ;)

I'm very busy as a CEO, put my slav..errr...pilots to work hard. . CEO job is hard to do!!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 3:14am

I guess I missed you but will be watching for Herege Logistics in the Company field.  By the way, I agree, your logo is very nice and has improved immensely over the time you've been here.

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic