This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

remove aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remove aircraft
    Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 11:04am
Gents,

Is there a way to fool TX to NOT compling the F18C so it will use my add-on F18? Do I have to create a flight plan for the ad-on?

Can I compile only mil aircraft?

thanks.

Jack S
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 8:09pm
Good questions!

Although I have not done enough experimentation to provide full answers, I can tell you what I have found, so far.

First of all, I must confess that I have been doing things using a slow method. Because I wanted to keep air traffic realistic by maintaining most of the random AI traffic provided via Traffic X's Traffic Generator screen, I have been manually changing and addiing flight plans at individual military bases via the Flight Plans screen. I have been deleting VFR flights to and from military bases, substituting the Boeing F/A-18 for Traffic X's version of the Hornet in individual flight plans, and adding my own military aircraft flight plans...including additional flight plans for the Boing F/A-18. Natuarally, I no longer run the Traffic Generator, since doing so would re-populate my military bases with unwanted traffic.

********UPDATE:  THE STEPS LISTED IMMEDIATELY BELOW IN THIS SPECIFIC POSTING DO NOT WORK. PLEASE DISREGARD THEM!********

There is a way, however, to get mostly military traffic using the compiler on the Traffic Movements screen. However, some preparation is required prior to running the compiler:

1. Using Windows Explorer, go to the following location:

...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data

Copy the Aircraft folder and the Schedules folder to a location such as your Documents folder. This step is simply for backup.

2. Go back to the original path shown above. In the "compiler" subfolder within the "Schedules" folder, rename TrafficX.bgl to TrafficXbgl.bak.

3. Again, back in the original path shown above, within the Aircraft folder, open the Aircraft.tcc file using a text editor or Excel. Maintain the top row, but delete any rows that contain non-military aircraft, and remember to delete the F18C versions that you don't want. Save the file back to its original location.

4. Again, in the Aircraft folder, open the AircraftTypes.tcc file in a text editor or Excel. Again, maintain the first row, and delete any rows that contain non-military types, and that contain the F18C versions that you don't want. Save the file back to its original location.

5. Now it's time to run Traffic X's "Traffic Control Centre." Click on the "Traffic Movements" button. You will be greeted by an error message that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." Simply click the "Continue" button. (You've been working behind the scenes to "fool TX.") Under "Additional Options," uncheck "VFR Traffic" and uncheck "IFR Traffic." Click "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" and provide a new and different name for your new .bgl file. Run the compiler and exit from the Traffic Control Centre upon completion of the compile.

6. Now go to the following folder:

...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

Within the above folder, rename TrafficX.bgl to TrafficXbgl.bak, and rename your new .bgl file "TrafficX.bgl."

The above procedure will eliminate all flight plans for Traffic X's F18C, and (depending upon how aggressive you were in deleting aircraft from the Aircraft.tcc and the AircraftTypes.tcc files) you will have a set of flight plans that are nearly devoid of non-military aircraft.

I didn't try running the Traffic Generator while testing the above procedure on my system, but doing so might give you random traffic using only the military aircraft you want. (If you try this, let us know the results.)

Dan

wsciutti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:09am
Dan,

Thank you. I did as suggested and deleted only the F18C rows. When I tried to compile, I did get the error message but, after 'continue', the only compile button available is the traffic tools buton.

Should I continue?

Jack
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:02am
Sorry. I remember encountering the same situation. I'm afraid I can't remember with any certainty what I did at that point, but I may have closed the Traffic Control Centre and then reopened it. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I will rerun my whole test and pay closer attention to what I do. Then I will get back to you with the correct procedure.The reason I think I may have closed and then reopened the TCC is that sometimes during entry of flight plans, the same message comes up. I have found success in correcting things by simply closing the TCC and then reopening it. I have become accustomed to saving flight plans often so that I don't lose much work if I encounter the error message and have to close and reopen the TCC while I am entering multiple flight plans. The message will come up during flight plan entry if you accidentally right-click in the large scheduling window (to bring up the window to enter the first leg) without having left-clicked in the window once, first.

Keep me posted on what's happening.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:27pm
I've disappointed myself, as well as you. Immediately after doing the above posting, I did what I thought had been my successful steps, again. I still can't figure out what I did to get around the lack of an available compile button. I think this is one of those things where I will have to go away from it for a while and come back to it with a fresh head. I will do so and let you know the results within the next few days. I know that I was able to get things to work. I just am not properly remembering how I did it.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:44am
My attempts to recreate the steps I used to eliminate non-military flights have been unsuccessful. However, there is an alternative using solely the Traffic Control Centre interface. It is not a perfect solution, since there is the possibility that some non-military traffic will remain, but it will eliminate most non-military traffic. Any remaining non-military flights will have to be deleted manually.

This is the simple procedure:

On the Traffic Control Centre's "Traffic Movements" screen under "Aircraft Types," uncheck any non-military aircraft. Be aware, however, that some of your military aircraft may not fall neatly into a strictly military category. For example, I have a military aircraft that is in the "Multi-Engine TurboProp" category. Since I have to leave "Multi-Engine TurboProp" checked, any civilian aircraft that are multi-engine turboprops will remain active as well. After unchecking all non-military "Aircraft Types" that you can, uncheck "VFR Traffic" under "Additional Options," keep "IFR Traffic" checked, and run the compiler.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic