This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

add-on aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: add-on aircraft
    Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:33pm
Gentlemen,

Is there a way that I missed to add to the fleet database my add-on A/C such as the RF Duke, EMB 200, Dino's F14? The recompile and have tham show up as AI birds?

Thanks.

Jack S.
joe_ro View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe_ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 7:34pm
Yes, I would also like help on this. I would like to add Embraer E-jets to various airlines as well as different Dash-8 variations.

What would be the easiest way to do this?

Many Thanks
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 9:33pm
I don't think you can do this with any Traffic program.

wsciutti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 11:20pm
Actually, you can with Ult Traffic 2 as I have done it, but(always a but I suppose) TX does not have the frame hit I get with UT2.

Jack
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 12:39am
In the FLEET DATABASE screen, down the bottom left of the screen, is a button labelled "Import from CFGs".  Click that button to have Traffic X search for all the aircraft.cfg files on your system and add anything new that it finds.  This is how you add purchased or downloaded planes in to Traffic X so you can use them for flight plans.

Note that after doing this it may be necessary to CLOSE and then RE-RUN Traffic X so that it "refreshes" and shows the newly added planes.
wsciutti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 3:26am
freddy,

Thank you, but my button says update, not import. When i click it reads the files but the new A/C do not appear.
 Any ideas? SP1 applied.

Thanks.

Jack
wsciutti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 4:25am
My BAD!
They are there, at the bottom! of the list!

JS
Disapprove
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:49am
Originally posted by wsciutti wsciutti wrote:

... my button says update, not import.

My mistake. I was at work when I wrote my response and could not check.

Originally posted by wsciutti wsciutti wrote:

My BAD! They are there, at the bottom! of the list!

Excellent.

Hehe, yes, I forgot to mention that the aircraft will be found at the end (bottom) of the list.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic