This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New form of Tme travel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New form of Tme travel
    Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
If you bump the wheels off the tar, AH will record the location - so it's not cheating
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
RBC99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBC99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:25pm
Sorry if stating the obvious, but when FS9 crashes I think you get the usual MS "do you want to report" message and with it a tick box asking if you want to restart FS9. If that box is ticked FS9 always seems to restart not at its last position but with the default flight which starts in...................Seattle.

If you untick that restart box and get AH to restart FS9 you often find yourself back at the start of the latest AH flight with no loss of rep or cargo.

Far be it from me to offer tips, but I vaguely recall an occasion when I was about to make an awful landing (you will appreciate that this rarely happensWink) and I paused and exited FS9. When I restarted I was back at departure airport with only time wasted.

Sorry if that is cheating SlopeySmile

Rob
AB47 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:39pm

Slopey thank you for your extremely quick reply, but, I had loaded the latest AH service pack before the crash

I have now removed FS plus all add on software. I have reloaded FS; I have run out of time or ditched cargoes so my reputation is shot along with my cash. I have now got to get the Learjet from Seattle to my only base Norwich UK. I have ditched my cargo so may get the Learjet back via Iceland.

Littlesquare.dot thanks for the comments about Iceland. I think I will take my second option of ditching my first company

I was enjoying AH, so may give up on current company and start again with a base near Seattle so if I am transported in time and space back to Seattle it is at least only a short distance from my home base.

I agree AH does a pretty decent job and I think my problem started in FS and carried over into AH.Cry

A Bair
littlesquare.dot View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesquare.dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

AH cannot crash FS, and when FS does crash, AH will try its best to recover.

Typically it does a pretty decent job, as AH has saved me from much FS badness, however I've had a few FS issues that have carried over into AH..   such as the time my 757 was 50 ft from the runway, no buildings anywhere in sight, and yet FS detected a random building crash.  Thank goodness for insurance.

..and there was the one time that I landed on the runway at BIRK, only to be told that my aircraft was totalled due to an "urban" landing..   in fact, 90% of my issues have been with BIRK, although I hardly expect a place with a name like 'Iceland' to be very hospitable.  Wink
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 12:07pm
The issue is with your FS installation. This has been reported before, and the easiest way to fix it is to reinstall Flight Sim.

It's usually a bad bit of scenery, or even an aircraft gauge which does it - even if you've un-installed the scenery or aircraft it came with.

AH cannot crash FS, and when FS does crash, AH will try its best to recover - but if FS crashes DO NOT restart it immeadiately, as the default location it start up with is Seattle.

After an FS crash, you should go back to AirHauler and either close AH (in which case your flight won't be recorded), or click "Finish Flying" on the flight monitor.

Also, ensure you have the latest AH service pack installed.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
AB47 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 12:34am

CryWhy is it that when M S FS2004 programme crashes in AH whilst flying over France.

My aircraft will only restart in Seattle with the cargo on board; the Pilot (me) somewhere in France and all the fuel has disappeared.

This is the second time this has happened, I have to pay to be repatriated with the Learjet, pay to replace the fuel that has disappeared and the extra fuel from Seattle to France. I have no chance of delivering the cargo on time as I have to fly back from Seattle to France with the full cargo, almost impossible with the Learjet.

I have only had AH a couple of weeks, my reputation was going up and my cash was increasing, but after FS2004 programme crashes I am going bankrupt through no fault of my own.

I have 3 reported landings at Seattle whilst flying over France, have I discovered a new form of time travel?

Any help would be appreciated otherwise its back to Cargo Pilot and the 747-400 fleet.
A Bair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic