This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - British Muslim Opinions & Statistics NOPSurvey 06
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Muslim Opinions & Statistics NOPSurvey 06

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: British Muslim Opinions & Statistics NOPSurvey 06
    Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 10:40pm
I posted something a few weeks ago regarding the opinions of British Muslims about the 7/7 attacks.
I got alot of critisism about the sourcing etc.
I have recently found the results.
Its the most comprehensive surveys on British Muslim views / opinions to date.  Carried out by NOP Research the results were published through Channel 4 news.

The following are directly from the GFK NOP survey.

NOTE : OUT OF 1000 BRITISH MUSLIMS

• Muslims aged 18 – 24 and 25 – 44 are more
likely to say they would prefer to live under
Sharia law than their older counterparts (34%
and 32% compared to 23%)
• A third (32%) of those who say religion is
important to them would prefer to live under
Sharia law compared to just 4% of those who
say religion is not important
• Muslims in the South are most likely to
express a preference for Sharia law (42%
compared to 29% in London and the
Midlands)

22% of British Muslims (out of the 1000 surveyed) thought the 7/7 attacks were Justified.

A very upsetting statistic to me.

13% understand why young British Muslims might want to carry out suicide operations.
of which 5% strongly agree.

What would your opinion be of a Muslim that knew about an act
of terrorism that was being planned by another Muslim, and did
not report it to the authorities?

9% selected "not to blame at all" category.

BELOW : EXTERNAL SOURCE - QUOTED FROM SURVEY
Twenty-eight percent hope for the U.K. one day to become a fundamentalist Islamic state.

PLEASE INTERPRET THESE STATISTICS YOURSELVES. THEY ARE ALL (BAR LAST ONE) DIRECTLY FROM THE NOP SURVEY.  THERE ARE MANY OTHER STATISTICS THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN VIEWING.

Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 11:48pm
Chris, at the end off the day they are living in Britian and they should submit to British laws. If they don't like then they should leave. As A british citizen with Irish roots maybe I would (not that I do) want to leave under Irish laws, so why should Muslims be any differant? I just ignore these statistics and hope that some one with some brians would tell these people its our way or the highway, I am not a raceist (I have many muslim freinds) but if some one wishs to remain here they should have the decency to obide my our laws.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 3:43am
Scary. No wonder the Government are so keen to engage them when they think like this!!!

Quote 22% of British Muslims (out of the 1000 surveyed) thought the 7/7 attacks were Justified.

EXTRADITE THEM!!! Angry

The thing that hacks me off is this: if we're so bad, WHY LIVE HERE??? Let me guess - their country is a load of rubbish, right? Dead

Best regards,
Vulcan.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:30am
Thank you! If you hate your country so much, get out! I will not stop you. As a matter of fact, allow me to show you the door so I can slam it when you're half way through! Angry

I never understood those types of people. People who complain that their country just isn't good enough. They will never compare it to their homelands. They wouldn't do that because then it makes the U.K. and U.S. look good.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 11:25am
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Scary. No wonder the Government are so keen to engage them when they think like this!!!

Quote 22% of British Muslims (out of the 1000 surveyed) thought the 7/7 attacks were Justified.

EXTRADITE THEM!!! Angry

The thing that hacks me off is this: if we're so bad, WHY LIVE HERE??? Let me guess - their country is a load of rubbish, right? Dead

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Agree. What winds me up the most is immigrants to this country who preach about the troubles of their historic homelands and make demands to try to change this country into the same thing all the while sitting back and enjoying the benefits we give them.
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 6:57pm
This is the exact reason as to why a lot of people vote the BNP - there's nothing people hate more than living in fear, and people want the source of that fear to go away/be taken away.
Luke Roach
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
Remember we live in a democracy, people are able to say what they want to! its wether we listen to them or not

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:53pm
The thing is Ed alot of people talk utter Censored.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by dmr100 dmr100 wrote:

The thing is Ed alot of people talk utter Censored.

I hope the censored word was rubbishWink

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:50pm
Absolutely right Ed Wink Haha
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:49am
I honestly have very little say if people are retarded (arrested development, intellectually) enough to take this survey seriously.

I remember this survey now, it was very widely criticised. Firstly, the outcomes have been twisted in meaning by Chris. Secondly, the survery itself was immensely statistically flawed. 1000 people (actually, I think it was 500) out of the nearly 2 million muslims here (0.025%)? Oh my, people are really stupid.

Were different religious groups compared? Were people with different political backgrounds compared? How about taking into consideration location? Poor or wealthy? Uneducated, or educated?

Quote A very upsetting statistic to me.

Ha! Not it isn't, I bet you loved it didn't you? It's what you want to hear. You are being completely subjective with your views, which makes it impossible to debate with you seriously.

Quote EXTRADITE THEM!!! Angry

Again, a common, incredibly stupid thing to say. I know from your countless rants about how everyone in this country does everything wrong that you disagree with a lot of things in this country. So why don't you "sod off"?

The rest of the thread is filled with the same subjective old drivel... Some very stereotypical stuff too. I see the benefits issue has cropped up aswell, which is an automatic response to this kind of thing it seems. Just goes to show how incredibly inable some people are to use their brains.  

Quote This is the exact reason as to why a lot of people vote the BNP - there's nothing people hate more than living in fear, and people want the source of that fear to go away/be taken away.

Again, same thing. They vote for the BNP because people like the OP are completely subjective with their views, they are incapable of looking at a situation logically. They allow their prejudices to get in the way of this, and they completely exaggerate things to the extent the final result is incorrect.

Quote i like the fact odai hasnt commented

maybe he gets easily stuck when facts are involved

Best not reply to that...

The fact that it is difficult to find this survey on the 'net (and the fact that any news site which has posted it has received tremendous amount of well-earned insults in the comments sections) lays testimony to how badly the survey was done. Truly distorting.

EDIT: Looking through again, the common picture people have in their subjective heads is that these people are all immigrants. How come they automatically assume this? Again, just goes to show how prejudices and subjectiveness are much more considerable in their heads than logical thought. Ah, these people are a minority though, so I guess it's kind of funny. .
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 1:49pm
Odai, despite you calling me and the fellow forum members retards. . . I will take into consideration your response and try to reply reasonably.
First of all I posted this to ammend some claims I made in another post a few weeks back, I did not have the source available at that time but I recently found it. 
I think this piece could also be used in argument in the other two topics if you wish.

Okay lets get started.

"I remember this survey now, it was very widely criticised. Firstly, the outcomes have been twisted in meaning by Chris. Secondly, the survery itself was immensely statistically flawed. 1000 people (actually, I think it was 500) out of the nearly 2 million muslims here (0.025%)? Oh my, people are really stupid."

Firstly it cant be twisted by myself if everything has simply been copied & pasted.  If I had worded in such a way in which the results were portrayed alot worse then the genuine results then you might have had a case there. 

You mentioned it was actually out of 500 people, if you know this for certain then I will ammend my post as I want to be accurate obviously.  I copied the results from the GFK NOP survey, but not their ACTUAL site, just a site displaying the survey.
I will do a little research and change if neccessary.

What worries me is not the number, it could be 500. . . it could even be 100 for all I care, the fact is it was a survey of the general public and I beleive that there would be more who agree with the claims but have just not been recorded.

"EXTRADITE THEM!!! Angry
The thing that hacks me off is this: if we're so bad, WHY LIVE HERE??? Let me guess - their country is a load of rubbish, right? Dead"

You did not take kindly to this blunt, BUT reasonable response.  The only question you have never answered which I have asked you, is that if here in Britain we're all stupid and your homeland (which ever it may be) is fine and there are no problems with it e.g. regarding womens rights etc.  Why do you still live here?  There are a respectabl number of Muslims that complain about Britain, you see it all the time in the news or even in person, but they STILL choose to live here.

I have no problem with immigrants OF ANY RACE who live here WHO DONT TRY TO CONVERT: US / OUR LAWS / OUR BELEIFS / OUR WAYS / COMPLAIN ABOUT US.
Without immigration the NHS would collapse!  I have said this, but its people who think 7/7 was justifiable and people who think we should intergrate Sharia Law with British Law which makes my blood boil.

I would not base my views on this survey, a stupid person would do that.  Hense I said
"PLEASE INTERPRET THESE STATISTICS YOURSELVES. THEY ARE ALL (BAR LAST ONE) DIRECTLY FROM THE NOP SURVEY.  THERE ARE MANY OTHER STATISTICS THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN VIEWING."

My worry is that if this survey was from the general public, even if the amount asked is small, how many more agree but just havnt been asked?

I think the target shouldnt be elimnating immgration, it should be GREATLY controlling it and eliminating the underlying extremeist groups.
Odai your responses aren't unreasonable, I can understand what your saying.  Despite seeming to be knieve about your own culture and blindness to whats going on, and willingness to offend you CAN give a good argument but your not going to change my opinions of concern.

Attempting to be respectful
- Chris
Generic forum signature
ben_davies247 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben_davies247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:03pm
I think this is a very sensitive issue, that needs to be addressed but maybe not on JF?

Could you imagine if a prospective customer came onto the forum and read this?

I, along with many, have views and strong feelings on this subject, but I do not think the right place to vent them, is on a forum for the world to see, in the OTT politically correct society we inhabit.

So, erm, yeah. Anyone for tea? Big%20smile
"Yes I'm a referee, and my parents were married thanks!"
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Odai Odai wrote:

Quote This is the exact reason as to why a lot of people vote the BNP - there's nothing people hate more than living in fear, and people want the source of that fear to go away/be taken away.

Again, same thing. They vote for the BNP because people like the OP are completely subjective with their views, they are incapable of looking at a situation logically. They allow their prejudices to get in the way of this, and they completely exaggerate things to the extent the final result is incorrect.

Please note that in no way did I say I support the BNP - which I do not support in any way.
But do consider, even very rational people can easily succumb to fear. It was how Hitler was voted in: sensible and educated people were desperate and in fear. A recipe for disaster.

As proven by the relative peace in Nothern Ireland nowadays, people of differing religions can get along just fine. All we need to do is find an effective way to completely remove public (Islamic) support for the Islamic extremists out there, in a similar way to what we did with the IRA. It took decades, but worked very well in the end. Northern Ireland is far from perfect right now, but there hasn't been much evidence of any large-scale terror-plots recently, which sort of shows that the fairly recent incidents of soldiers and policemen being killed there were caused by people with hardly any support from the religious population.
Luke Roach
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:23pm
Quote The thing that hacks me off is this: if we're so bad, WHY LIVE HERE??? Let me guess - their country is a load of rubbish, right?

Again, a common, incredibly stupid thing to say.

Not a stupid thing to say. Abu Hamsa for example - wanted nothing more than to see the UK fall, etc.. - yet lived right here in the land he hated (not anymore though).

Quote I know from your countless rants about how everyone in this country does everything wrong that you disagree with a lot of things in this country. So why don't you "sod off"?

Now you're getting personal. This is my country. It's my right to moan about it. Angry

Vulcan.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
Come on ladies can we not turn this thread into another spat between Odai and Chris. I don't agree with the people who want to chang British Laws but it is only a minority and not the majority as I have previously said we live in a democracy so people have freedom of speech where as in other countries (where many of these migrants have come from) do not. For example we in this great nation will not get put in prision for saying "what we did in Iraq was wrong where as if we lived in Iran or Pakstan we probably would. @Odai, I'm takeing great offence at you calling us retards. When I went to school I knew a kid, he was disabled and had autism. He is now dead. When you post like you do you only turn moderates against you. I believed you when your account got hacked (aswell as Chris) but you have done very well at annoying us. I could do with that cup of tea now Ben!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:18pm
No personal insults please!

Be well mannered or you won't discuss this at all.
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

When I went to school

You've left school already? .
Luke Roach
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:26pm
I was ment to say Primary schoolEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:48pm
I know i have said it before but i just want to know do the non extreme muslims belive that them suicide bombers really made it to paradise?

Who knows i never get a proper answer!

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic