This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jetways go bye bye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jetways go bye bye
    Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 4:27am

I have installed traffic X and some of my airports in fsx don't have any jetways such as EWR, CLT( some planes here park on the taxiway, and land on the same runway but landing in the opposite direction) , DCA, and some others. I think there is a problem and it needs to come out in the next service pack.

provri View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote provri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 5:18pm
I've had the same problem, and it appears with the same airports. Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Newark (although I recall *some* of the terminals *DO* have jetways), and probably quite a few others I haven't seen yet. I definitely remember all of those airports having jetways. I can't really confirm that TrafficX caused this change though. I also have Radar Contact and a few addon aircraft (although I doubt addon aircraft would cause scenery changes like this). Would you also happen to have Radar Contact?

What's odd about Pittsburgh is not only are the jetways missing, but it seems there's like only 8 gates the aircraft can even park in.
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 8:25pm
In checking the files for the airports you both mentioned above I can see the following:

1.The file provided by TrafficX for KEWR does have jetways.  Some of them appear to be set to appear at a scenery density of Dense, while others should appear only at Extremely Dense.

2. The file provided by TrafficX for Charlotte does not have any jetways at all.  The default one does.

3. As noted above, the file provided by TrafficX for Pittsburgh has no jetways and very few parking spots.  Disabling the TrafficX version of this airport would be a good idea.

4. Milwaukee - The TrafficX version of this airport does not have any jetways.

So it is indeed TrafficX that is causing the jetways to disappear in most of these cases.

Chuck Morse
anappy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 6:49pm
How do you disable those airports?
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 8:37pm
The files are located in the .../JustFlight/TrafficX/Airport Facilities folder.  Somewhere in the file name will be the 4 letter ICAO code for the airport (Newark = KEWR).  When you find the file for the airport you want to disable just rename extention from .bgl to .bak.
Chuck Morse
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic