This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parking at Sydney,Brisbane and Melbourne airports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking at Sydney,Brisbane and Melbourne airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking at Sydney,Brisbane and Melbourne airports
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 3:58am
Hello fellow simmers, does anybody know how to fix up the parking of aircraft,eg:- At Sydney and Brisbane Airports the international flights park at the Domestic terminals,at Brisbane the international terminal is never used as the international flights park at the Domestic. Is there anyway of fixing this,its the same at Sydney aswell?
JohnG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 8:56am
Are you using FS9, or FSX< The answer is different depending on which one you use.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 7:56am
I am using FS 2004 with the traffic 2005 add on
JohnG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 8:28am
Have you got AFCAD2? Alternately, have you installed the PAI (or some other) AFCAD files for the three cities - they should be configured for the full airport. The default airports in FS9 only have a few gates each, and are not suitable for any decent density of traffic. It's different with FSX - Microsoft has fairly fully provisioned the sim with parking places.

AFCAD2 has one of the best help files of any of the utilities, and easy to use (if you haven't got on top of it already. I notice that you are in Melbourne, and I take it that you are talking of the Australian one. If you have any problems with this, and want to discuss them, my phone number is 93902248.

Regards,

John
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:25am
Thanks John yeah I am from Melbourne. You know I have heard of the AFCAD files but I realy wouldnt know how to get to them or what to do with them at all. But I will have a look for them. Does the Traffic 2005 have afcad files on the package?
JohnG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:19am
I use FSX, so the Traffic 2005 AFCADS are of no use to me, so I don't know which airports that are covered. 

If you are a member over at www.avsim.com, http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004afcd&DLID=50145 will get you to a pack of 20+ Australian AFCAD files, which contain instructions on how to load them into your flight sim folders. If you haven't joined AVSIM, you really should, because there are more FS9 add ons available over there than you can shake a stick at, and it doesn't cost you a brass razoo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic