This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob Hoover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob Hoover
    Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 4:41pm
'nuff said. Enjoy. Cool  Ensure you can hear the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PftNh_SShlg&feature=related

Best regards,
Vulcan.
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 9:43pm
Chuck Yeager once said that Bob Hoover was the best Pilot in the world. I saw Bob Hoover fly at the Lanseria Airshow in the late 70's. I was only 12 or 13 at the time, but remember this great man flying a Rockwell Shrike as you see it in the video.
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm
TongueFantasticTongue justTongue Fantastic,Tongue  thanks Vulcan for this great find. Clap
I have one Q. how does he keep his hat on.Wink
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 7:54pm
He keeps his hat by positive G. Bob Hoover never exceeds maybe 1.5G's His flying is so smooth. His was once flying some Airforce big wigs when he did a roll, none of Generals in the back spilt their drinks.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:07am
There is a video of that, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOZEgKXJMCE&feature=related

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 7:39pm
A bit of a hero for me - fantastic skill - I am pretty sure he was involved with the Bell X1 and was nearly the first pilot to go supersonic instead of Yeager.. his history seems to be somewhat eclipsed by his later Rockwell Shrike demos - fantastic stuff.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 8:38pm
Bob Hoover was chase pilot for Yeager.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic