This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beech Duchess released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Thanks to everybody for their feedback. FYI this is the current list of items that will be fixed in a service update:

Missing strobe lights in FSX.
Vanishing of some markings on Artificial Horizon at night - FSX and FS2004.
Correction of animation direction of elevator trim tabs - FSX and FS2004.

Would it be possible to included the autopilot colors too?  I have shots of my Century IV in action if you need-but chocks mod is much closer.
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:53pm
Feel free to use my mod if you wish. I didn't spend a great deal of time doing it, and I daresay you could make it look a bit better than my 'quick fix' attempt, but if you would like me to send you my tweak, I'd be more than happy to do so for the nominal fee of ten million pounds. Joking of course, shout up if you want me to fire it to you.

Needless to say, I'd not want to put it up somewhere as a download, since that would mean giving your gauge away for free, and I'm not going to do that.

Al
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 7:37pm
"Would it be possible to included the autopilot colors too?  I have shots of my Century IV in action if you need-but chocks mod is much closer."

And would it be possible to add the seat backs to the front/rear seats in the virtual cabin for the FSX and FS9 models?  I know it doesn't seem like it is worthy of a fix, but a number of people enjoy setting up passenger views in their aircraft and sharing the results in the various screenshot forums.

It could hardly be called a framerate hit, the virtual passengers would have a greater impact and my fps counter doesn't even blink whether they are there or not.  I will often fly a flight from left seat, then use Matthais' great recorder tool to playback flights while I observe the flights from various perspectives (I used his tool for the screenshot of my two repaints where both are on the ramp).  I mention the rear seats as well because those seatbacks are missing as well, and it would serve as a great advertisiment for the Duchess to get some screenies with a cabin full of virtual passengers from the aft bulkhead.

Regards,

John
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 8:03pm
Regarding the issue with the AH at night, for flyers who just can't get enough of their Duchess until an update is out, this entry works well enough for me:

In the panel.cfg, substitute the minipanel attitude indicator for the jf_indicator.

//gauge02=jf_duchess!Attitude,  187,1,88,88
gauge02=MiniPanel!attitude,  187,1,88,88
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 11:02pm
Just seems so odd that out of 8 models tested the plane goes left and the marker goes left on all but one.  But on the Duchess and the King Air 350 the plane goes left and the marker goes right.  Alternatively the plane goes right and the marker goes left.

Steve
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Reider- It's ment to be like that, haven't you noticed that on all the other artificial horizons in other aircraft?

The Beech Baron, Cessna 172, Maule Orion, Mooney M20J, Piper Archer III, Piper Warrior and Cessna C152 all showed the marker left when the plane turned left.  Only the Duchess and the King air 350 did the opposite and showed the marker right on a left turn.

Steve
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 11:41pm
Hi All, I have just tried to buy my first download - failed. I thought I would order FC2 as I would like to have the boxed version. Transaction complete, everything done, order confirmed etc. But now I am on shopping frenzie. Thought I would buy the arrow IV as a download as well. Messed up, ordered the FS2004 version as a mistake.(I no longer have FS2004) Got all the codes, response code etc, but now cannot get the download - payment confirmed. Why is it so hard to buy a download? How do I change my order to the FSX version?
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 11:50pm

"The Beech Baron, Cessna 172, Maule Orion, Mooney M20J, Piper Archer III, Piper Warrior and Cessna C152 all showed the marker left when the plane turned left.  Only the Duchess and the King air 350 did the opposite and showed the marker right on a left turn."

I was so intrigued I did some more research.  Seems you are right although I have seen some AI's for sale with no marker at all.  But otherwise the marker should be at a 90 degree angle to the aircraft's bank angle, as shown with the default gauge.

Regards,

John

Edit:  I should note that I have not paid much attention in either my sim collection or when I've been flying during training.  Only one aircraft I have flown in had an AI, all the rest were configured for Day VFR only and did not have an AI installed.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:00am
I've just bought it and all I can say is WOW!  It's an amazing product, the cockpit is brilliant and the sounds are also very good.  I'll be posting some pics latter today in the screenshot forum, so keep your eyes out!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

Hi All, I have just tried to buy my first download - failed. I thought I would order FC2 as I would like to have the boxed version. Transaction complete, everything done, order confirmed etc. But now I am on shopping frenzie. Thought I would buy the arrow IV as a download as well. Messed up, ordered the FS2004 version as a mistake.(I no longer have FS2004) Got all the codes, response code etc, but now cannot get the download - payment confirmed. Why is it so hard to buy a download? How do I change my order to the FSX version?

Please contact downloads@justflight.com and they will assist you
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:14am
Thanks Martyn, emailed downloads, hopefully I have an answer when I get home tonight.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:44pm
Just noticed, Just Flight have released a demo of the Duchess. I have not downloaded yet.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:09am
Is it the full version?  I hope they do the same for the Sceneca.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:11am
Which Seneca? The demo will give you ten days to try it out Smile
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:44am
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:13am
We will only be producing demo's for our own range  
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 12:46pm
OK, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic