This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beech Duchess released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:10pm
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
M/B Asus P8p67 pro rev3.1
Int core i5-2500k cpu 3.30GHz
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Nice repaint chock. Nice to see the 'metallic' type reflections in FSX.

Actually, I would like to commend you on the textures on this model, they are of a particularly high standard. And by that I don't mean in terms of resolution, I mean in terms of the artistic interpretation of the strengthening corrugations and paneling, which are beautifully rendered in lieu of more frame rate unfriendly 3D modeling. I always appreciate intelligent modeling choices like that for the benefits it brings in FPS for FSX.

It's really excellent and pulled off with great aplomb; and that's coming from someone with an Adobe Certified Expert Qualification in Photoshop, who trains advanced courses in using it.

Top notch work you've done there.

Al
wilderbeast View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:41pm
also these men seem to be stuck to the plane on a couple of models
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:43pm
I found that too, but if you hit 'reset flight' on your FS menu, it unjams them.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:49pm
will try that many thanks
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:05am
Century IV autopilot texture tweak to make it more like the real thing:

Al
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 8:43am
Wildrbeast, thanks but the pictures are so small that I cannot actually see what the issue is - can you post some much bigger ones please - thank you.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Chock Chock wrote:

Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Nice repaint chock. Nice to see the 'metallic' type reflections in FSX.

Actually, I would like to commend you on the textures on this model, they are of a particularly high standard. And by that I don't mean in terms of resolution, I mean in terms of the artistic interpretation of the strengthening corrugations and paneling, which are beautifully rendered in lieu of more frame rate unfriendly 3D modeling. I always appreciate intelligent modeling choices like that for the benefits it brings in FPS for FSX.

It's really excellent and pulled off with great aplomb; and that's coming from someone with an Adobe Certified Expert Qualification in Photoshop, who trains advanced courses in using it.

Top notch work you've done there.

Al

Thank you for those kind words - I will pass them onto the dev team.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 10:31pm
Hi Scotty
here are bigger pics in first lights are off guage works ok, in second with lights on you cant see if banking,decending etc have to rely on other guages, as i mainly use system time most flights are at night.
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 3:15pm
Wilderbeast - OK thanks - we have identified the issue and will issue an update in due course - many thanks for your help.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:22pm
I've been really enjoying the Duchess release!  How such a beautiful looking twin got overlooked after all these years, I do not know.

I do have one request if an update is made.  The virtual passengers were modelled in the VC, but not the seatbacks of the front seat in the virtual cabin.  Alex wrote at Avsim and said this was a concious decision to help performance, but surely the seatbacks do not impact performance?  Many of my screenshots I post to give a better perspective of the aircraft--which includes screenshots from the rear seats now that FSX makes easy work of setting up such angles.  I for one would love to see an update of the virtual cabin which adds the seatbacks in.

Also, for the FS2004 model, although I understand the great tie down animation from FSX cannot be supported, it would be nice if the final result (wheel chocks and tie downs) could be shown when the Duchess goes cold and dark with the parking brake set.

Great effort on this aircraft!  It's one product that should not be missed!

Regards,

John

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 11:08pm
I checked it last time I flew it, the trim tab does indeed move the wrong way on the external model (i.e. the movements for the trim settings are reversed).

Al
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 12:24am
"I checked it last time I flew it, the trim tab does indeed move the wrong way on the external model (i.e. the movements for the trim settings are reversed)."

My CFI was also an aircraft builder, he explained trim tabs in pretty simple terms--they always move opposite to the control surface's intended deflection, so one has to think about how the control surface moves to change the axis of flight.  To pitch up, the elevator moves up, so the trim tab would move down to relieve stick pressure for example.  He used to quiz me on the aircraft's trim state during our walkarounds.  I still love the way the Mooney is trimmed--the entire horz. stab moves.  I also flew in one Microlight that used a bungee type system to relieve the stick forces.  Imagine having to animate that for MSFS Smile

I've been playing with the default paints adding my own N-Numbers based on flying Duchess aircraft in the U.S.  My favorite schemes are the red and blue scheme--those schemes seem to predominate among most of the Duchess aircraft worldwide. 

-John   
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 1:01am
Here are my two repaints, nothing too fancy:

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 2:10am
You don't need to explain how trim tabs operate, like a good many simmers, I'm a RW pilot too, and I'm well aware of how they work.

They are moving in the wrong direction on the model. It is no more complicated to animate trim tabs moving in the right direction than it is to animate them moving in the wrong direction. It is a mistake on the model.

Nice repaints by the way Smile

Al
Cactus521 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:36am
"You don't need to explain how trim tabs operate, like a good many simmers, I'm a RW pilot too, and I'm well aware of how they work.

They are moving in the wrong direction on the model. It is no more complicated to animate trim tabs moving in the right direction than it is to animate them moving in the wrong direction. It is a mistake on the model."

I wasn't explaining for your benefit so much as the product author so he understands not only that they are animated incorrectly, but why.  And thanks for the comment on the repaints!

I flew the Duchess tonight for the first time in a simulated night flight--noted the issue with the strobe and the AH as well.  And for some reason, I can only fly with a floodlit cabin.  When I turn on the interior lights, I see the gauge lights come on first, then the cockpit is bathed in bright light.  Is there a way to fly with just the gauge lights, but without the cabin lights?

-John

Edit:  Also as a temp fix to the strobe issue, add these two lines to the end of your aircraft.cfg in FSX:

light.1 = 2,  0.48,  -18.83,   0.64, fx_strobe
light.2 = 2,  0.48,   18.83,   0.64, fx_strobe
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 7:54am
Thanks to everybody for their feedback. FYI this is the current list of items that will be fixed in a service update:

Missing strobe lights in FSX.
Vanishing of some markings on Artificial Horizon at night - FSX and FS2004.
Correction of animation direction of elevator trim tabs - FSX and FS2004.

Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:24pm
On the Artificial Horizon guage I noticed the small triangular pointer at the top moves right when the plane banks left and vice versa turning right.  It seems to follow the direction of the Artificial Horizon rather than the direction of the plane overlay on the guage.  I doublechecked the condition on several other aircraft and out of 8 tested only one did the same as the Duchess, this was the King Air 350.  The Beech Baron, Cessna 172, Maule Orion, Mooney M20J, Piper Archer III, Piper Warrior and Cessna C152 all exhibited the pointer to the left where I marked the red question mark to show where I would expect it to be.  You can see the problem in the following two pics;

Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:29pm
Reider - and the problem with that is?
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:38pm
Reider- It's ment to be like that, haven't you noticed that on all the other artificial horizons in other aircraft?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic