This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beech Duchess released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:44pm
Sorry i mean shft+E+4. not ALTConfused
not work if i press shift+e+4
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:57pm

Do this:

Be on the ground

Be stationery (I.E. not moving - 0 knots)

Move both red mixture levers fully aft to stop the engines.

Hold down the SHIFT key – keep holding it. Press and hold down the E key, release both of those keys at the same time and immediately press the 4 key – that’s the 4 key along the top of the keyboard NOT on the NUM pad!

That is all that is needed to see the animations.

Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
ToniJH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:01pm
Thank you, i will test this and i hope it works, animations are not so importan, but it's nice to see pilot in outside the plane setting the wheel chocks etc.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:06pm
It works fine for me but then I have re-assigned the door key but it still uses "+4" to work.

It may be that you are not pressing the "4" quick enough?
ToniJH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:26pm
Still does'nt work, i press +4 very quick, the pilot only opens the front door, nothing else happens Thumbs%20Down
ToniJH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:37pm
I made it work! Thanks helping me, i reloaded aircraft and now it works.
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:53pm
I have not bought the Duchess yet, as I am going to wait for the boxed version of FC2. Would love to know what the first impressions of those who have bought the Duchess?
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 12:15am
Early impressions; this is the FSX one (not tried it in Fs9)...

Bad points:

Strobe light switch doesn't appear to do much, i.e there is no flashing strobe on the external model. The pilot tie-down and chock animations are a pain in the ass, being very  hit and miss on the keys, so I could do without them. You can get rid of the passengers in the cabin views by clicking on them, but they are still there in the external views if you do so, which is annoying and doesn't make sense (note that you can start without them there, in which case the model reflects that, but switching on the fly doesn't seem to happen, although to be fair that might be an FS limitation). The autopilot switches don't give a lot of feedback when you select things and could do with tweaking, they work okay, it's just that they could be a bit better.

Good points:

It flies well and the avionics are good. It's very good on frame rates. It sounds good and apart from the crappy feedback on the A/P switches, all the other switches in the VC work very well. It looks good both inside and out - not quite on par with some of the very fanciest add-ons for FSX, but I prefer it this way for the frame rates it gets. Fuel consumption is very good, I just used it in Air Hauler from Woodford to Jersey, and it appeared bang on the money for my fuel prediction.

Conclusion:

It's a good price and well worth it for what you get, and should be even better with a bit of a tweak patch (although it doesn't desperately need patching, note that I was being very picky with most of those bad points!). In short I'd recommend it, it's a lot of fun.

Al
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:12am

>>Bad points:

>>Strobe light switch doesn't appear to do much, i.e there is no flashing strobe on the external model.

Scotty> The strobes should work – they have previously. I will investigate this.

>>The pilot tie-down and chock animations are a pain in the ass, being very hit and miss on the keys, so I could do without them.

Scotty> They work fine here. They are not needed for any aspect of the model apart from if you want to see them – having them is no drawback in the slightest.

>>You can get rid of the passengers in the cabin views by clicking on them, but they are still there in the external views if you do so, which is annoying and doesn't make sense.

Scotty> Alter the payload in the FSX aircraft>payload menu and you will see the result. Clicking on the internal passengers and that having no similar effect in the external view is a limitation of FSX, not the Duchess.

>>The autopilot switches don't give a lot of feedback and could do with tweaking.

Scotty>? Can you explain more please? They have lights on them that show when they are energised.

>>Good points:

>>It flies well and the avionics are good. It's very good on frame rates. It sounds good and apart from the crappy feedback on the A/P switches, all the other switches in the VC work very well. It looks good both inside and out - not quite on par with some of the very fanciest add-ons for FSX, but I prefer it this way for the frame rates it gets. Fuel consumption is very good, I just used it in Air Hauler from Woodford to Jersey, and it appeared bang on the money for my fuel prediction. It's a good price and well worth it for what you get.

Scotty> Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Tim_A View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 11:17am
I've also got a problem with the strobes not working. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous little plane, based on a quick half hour flight (see screenshots forum) Smile
In Garmin we trust.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 11:59am
Thanks Chock, look forward to flying it myself when FC2 comes out
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 12:47pm
Someone pointed out on AVSIM that the elevator trim tab works in the incorrect direction on its animation (i.e it goes in the same direction as the main control surface as opposed to going the opposite way to which you want to deflect the control surface). I haven't looked yet to confirm that though, but FYI.

They also commented that the AH was a bit basic in appearance, which I agree with, but I can live with it.

It's going to have to throw up a lot worse than that for me to start disliking it.

Emergency diversion to Gloucestershire (EGBJ) last night, I was down to 2 percent fuel at this point, hence the tight circuit for the final approach. Gotta love the way Air Hauler makes you push things .

Al
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm
>They also commented that the AH was a bit basic in appearance, which I agree with, but I can live with it.

Well I am afraid if you were flying the exact real machine you would have to live with its ‘basic’ appearance (not sure what you expect?) as the model one is pretty much exactly the same as the real one. Pics below.

I am going to investigate the trim report - I do not know which is correct at this point.

Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:59pm
The AH is basically the same as in the Seneca.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

I have not bought the Duchess yet, as I am going to wait for the boxed version of FC2. Would love to know what the first impressions of those who have bought the Duchess?

Same here. She looks an absoulute master peice.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 2:43am
It is a lovely thing to be sure and I think it's a bargain for the money. Here it is with a repaint in my Air Hauler Atlantic Bridge Express colours:

Al

Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:55pm
Nice repaint chock. Nice to see the 'metallic' type reflections in FSX.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
wilderbeast View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:17pm
If you switch on the panel lights th AH goes blank so have to fly in a dark cockpit at night, even if you push the panel light switch during daylight the AH goes blank
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
M/B Asus P8p67 pro rev3.1
Int core i5-2500k cpu 3.30GHz
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:26pm
Wilderbeast - which sim - FSX or FS2004? Can you post a screen shot here please - we have not seen this issue. Thanks.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
wilderbeast View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilderbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:35pm
FSX will try and get a screen shot.
wilderbeast

my cockpit
Win 7 ultimate
M/B Asus P8p67 pro rev3.1
Int core i5-2500k cpu 3.30GHz
16G RAM
Nvidia Gtx 560Ti
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic