This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4.3 update problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4.3 update problem
    Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm
I installed the 4.3 update and about 10 minutes into flight it freezes up and I have to shut down my computer and restart .I did this 3 times and it is  the same thing .It was OK before the update .Any help would be good .Cry
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:10pm
Hi,

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC. If you have  something older than v3.9 in FS2004 or v4.52 in FSX then delete the old one and install/add the latest module.
If you aren't sure how to do it or still have problems then feel free to get in touch with tech support team for more info
Roger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:17pm
Where do I find out which one I have? and where would I get the new one if I have to.?I also will fire off a note to Tec support. I love this plane and hope this will go ok.Thank you for getting back to me. I fly this every day .I did get to check out the auto pilot and was able to take control now.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:24pm
Hi,

Are you flying in FS2004 or FSX?
Roger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:26pm
I am flying in fsx I looked on the add on bar in flight sim and it said I have 4.508?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:45am
It's in your modules folder. Delete the old one download the new one from here...

I must say, in testing, installing the new version solved a few glitches for me.

Just reinstalling the existing FSUIPC helps some, but I would install the latest.

I would load up the default cessna also, and then press your 'ALT' key and change the aircraft from there.
Roger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:11am
OK I put the new fsuipc in and the next flight it did not freeze .I will see if it keeps going that way.Thanks so much .
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:44am
Good luck! Smile
Roger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 8:41pm
OK it seems to be working fine no more shutdowns at least for now. I also can do a full auto land now or take it off autopilot and fly it down. I do show stars now but they do not always connect the runway. I will have to work on that but the new fix is great.Good JobThumbs%20Up
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:22am
A STAR ends at it's last way point.

Not all STARS take you to the runway.

After the STAR it's a published approach procedure or vectors from ATC.

Roger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 12:56pm
OK thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic