This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Plan Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Plan Problem
    Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 11:29pm
Hello, I followed the instruction posted by JustFlight team to create a new Flight Plan. Unfortunately my new flight it does not show! I was wondering if there is any more steps that I need to do in order for the new flight to start working? Besides save and exist? I read somewhere here, that I have to compile the flight plans??? How do you do that? and is it nessesary? Thanks in advance.
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:16am
I tried to compile the flight plans, and it near the end of the whole process, I get a black pop up window: with a path directory on the navigation bar.... I just click on the "x" corner to close it, then back to TCC and it says "finished"is this normal?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:06am
Most likely, what you see before the black window pops up is the Traffic X software backing up your data and readying the input data for the compiler. The compiling doesn't actually begin until the black window pops up. The compiling doesn't complete until the black window closes.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:07am
Yes, you must wait for the black screen to close all by itself. As Soaranden says, the compiling doesn't complete until the black window closes.
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 12:38pm
Thanks guys! I noticed that I have more airplanes in my airport, even international commuter airlines(?) I think the new flight I entered on the TCC worked. I am not sure though; as there are a few repeat flights. I was wondering if this is a bug and have you guys find a way to fix this?

At the main terminal I have airlines from Europe(I am in Canada) that I did not have before. I hope there is a solution because this just adds more realism to this awesome game!!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 10:35pm
What do you mean by, "... there are a few repeat flights"?
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 12:43am
There is a flight supposedly to land at CYXU, at 11:00. And then its instructed by the ATC to hold on the runway for a sec. Then the same flight number, the same jet; lands again. while the first one is being held at the tarmac waiting for instructions from the ground. Now I notice this only once; so it might be a small bug.
But what worries me is the random flights from all over the world at my local airport, is there a way to get this back to normal? Thanks.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:01am
To get rid of undesired traffic at your local airport, just fo the following:

1. Go to the "Flight Plans" screen.
2. Select the "Airline/Carrier" for one of the undesired airlines/carriers.
3. Right-click in the "Flight Plans for Airline/Carrier"window, and sort by "Airports (first leg)."
4. In the "Flight Plans for Airline/Carrier" window, scoll to the ICAO codes for your airport.
5. Right-click any flight plan that you don't want, and click "Delete."
6. After deleting all undisired flight plans, click the "Save Changes" button, then click the "Exit" button.
7. Do not generate traffic again on the "Traffic Generator" screen. Any traffic generation subsequent to your deleting undisirable flight plans would simply generate new undisirable flight plans.
8. Do go to the "Traffic Movements" screen, and click the "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" button.

Either prior to or anytime subsequent to doing the compile in step 8 above, you can create your own additional flight plans for your airport on the "Flight Plans" screen.

artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 3:25am
Hey thanks for the step by step help! It really helps!
The airline that is showing up on my local airport is Iberia and a few others, but I did a search on like you mention, but the odd things is that that airline does not have flight plans to my local airport listed! yet still shows the commuter CRJ plane! Any thoughts?! Thanks!!
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:15am
One more odd thing, there are two flights scheduled to land at same the time I created my new flight which was CanAir B737-200 at arriving from CYYZ at 0924. These two conflicting flights are: from Iberia!! And they are small commuter planes(jets) Hmmm.
When you Compile the files, what name should I 'save as' with? and is there anyway I can like reboot the whole thing so it works?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:36am
Give the compiler the default "TrafficX" file name for the compiled flight plans file, otherwise you will have more than one file for flight plans and more than one set of flight plans will run concurrently. (Having a single compiled .bgl for flight plans is not written in rock, but it can avoid problems).

For additional help in finding flights that you need to delete, see my postings in the wrong airlines? topic. Additionally, you can use "Search" near the top right corner of every forum page to search elsewhere in the Traffic X forum for answers. The answers to many questions are already here in the Traffic X forum...sometimes multiple times.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:40am
One thing that I should have mentioned in my recent postings regarding deleting undesirable flight plans is that an additional technique can be used when it is difficult to find a specific flight plan because the particular airline/carrier has many flights and the particular flight may be using your specific airport as a destination rather than as a departure point. For example, if a particular airport has a VFR flight that cannot be found by searching for a specific airline/carrier's flights by searching for the airport's ICAO code under "Departure" within a sorted departure airport list within "Flight Plans for Airline/Carrier" on the TCC's "Flight Plans" screen (and since there is no means to sort by "Destination" airport), scrolling the entire list to find occurrences (if any) your airport's ICAO code under "Destination" takes time and a great deal of patience. Much easier is to open the .tcc file for the airline/carrier with Excel, and then do a search. For example, the file for VFR flights within the United States is TX_VFR_USA.tcc. The file is in the following path:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight Plans

From having opened the file in Excel, the column containing the ICAO codes for destination airports can be sorted. Finding the flight plans that have your airport as a destination becomes a simple matter. Do the same by opening in Excel the .tcc file for any airline/carrier whose offending flight or flights you are having difficulty finding. You can make changes or do flight deletions from within Excel, save the file, then rerun the Traffic X compiler from the "Traffic Movements" screen.

Very Important Tips:

1. Back up any file before opening it in Excel.

2. In Excel, it's safer to do a search for occurences of the ICAO code rather than a sort. If you use a sort rather than a search, be certain the order of all columns synchonizes with the new order of your sorted column.

3. To avoid generating additional unwanted flight plans, remember not to generate traffic again on the "Traffic Generator" screen. Just do a compile of your flight plan changes, additions, and/or deletions on the "Traffic Movements" screen.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by artifact artifact wrote:

There is a flight supposedly to land at CYXU, at 11:00. And then its instructed by the ATC to hold on the runway for a sec. Then the same flight number, the same jet; lands again. while the first one is being held at the tarmac waiting for instructions from the ground. Now I notice this only once; so it might be a small bug.
But what worries me is the random flights from all over the world at my local airport, is there a way to get this back to normal? Thanks.

Something worth mentioning is that Traffic X does (unfortunately) duplicate aircraft registraton numbers for aircraft. For example, I set up a three 737-800s to take off from an airport, do my compile, and then go to the airport to see my 737s ... I right click on the FSX screen to bring up the list of aircraft. My three 737s will be shown in that list as:

737-800 VH-EJW
737-800 VH-EJW
737-800 VH-EJW

So, even though in Traffic X I may have typed in different tail number registrations for these aircraft, the fact that they are same aircraft (model and type) means that Traffic X gives them the same registration number.

Therefore, I would suggest that the landing aircraft you saw with the same flight number as the one already on the ground awaiting instructions was in fact a DIFFERENT plane in the flight plans, but because it is the same aircraft model and type means that Traffic X has given it the same registration number.

Persoanally, I find this aspect of Traffic X frustrating and confusing. And, it makes it hard to confirm one's flight plans are working properly. To me, this is a bug.

NOTE: Traffic X DOES use different FLIGHT NUMBERS. So, whilst the aircraft registrations ("737-800 VH-EJW" in my example above) may be the same ... the flight numbers WILL be different. Traffic X will use the flight numbers entered in the flight plans. Therefore, ATC should refer to your plane on the ground as "1234 hold short", but your landing aircraft should be referred to as "9876 cleared to land" ... different flight numbers.

ATC uses flight numbers to communicate with IFR aircraft (such as large jets). VFR aircraft are referred to by ATC using their (duplicated) registration numbers.

artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

One thing that I should have mentioned in my recent postings regarding deleting undesirable flight plans is that an additional technique can be used when it is difficult to find a specific flight plan because the particular airline/carrier has many flights and the particular flight may be using your specific airport as a destination rather than as a departure point. For example, if a particular airport has a VFR flight that cannot be found by searching for a specific airline/carrier's flights by searching for the airport's ICAO code under "Departure" within a sorted departure airport list within "Flight Plans for Airline/Carrier" on the TCC's "Flight Plans" screen (and since there is no means to sort by "Destination" airport), scrolling the entire list to find occurrences (if any) your airport's ICAO code under "Destination" takes time and a great deal of patience. Much easier is to open the .tcc file for the airline/carrier with Excel, and then do a search. For example, the file for VFR flights within the United States is TX_VFR_USA.tcc. The file is in the following path:Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight PlansFrom having opened the file in Excel, the column containing the ICAO codes for destination airports can be sorted. Finding the flight plans that have your airport as a destination becomes a simple matter. Do the same by opening in Excel the .tcc file for any airline/carrier whose offending flight or flights you are having difficulty finding. You can make changes or do flight deletions from within Excel, save the file, then rerun the Traffic X compiler from the "Traffic Movements" screen.Very Important Tips:1. Back up any file before opening it in Excel.2. In Excel, it's safer to do a search for occurences of the ICAO code rather than a sort. If you use a sort rather than a search, be certain the order of all columns synchonizes with the new order of your sorted column.3. To avoid generating additional unwanted flight plans, remember not to generate traffic again on the "Traffic Generator" screen. Just do a compile of your flight plan changes, additions, and/or deletions on the "Traffic Movements" screen.

Hey! Thanks again. I did a search (under the VFR_Canada flight plans) but I could not find any flights from Iberia landing at London, Ontario. I was going to try the Excel method, but I was a little worried about deleting files from such a document!
I tried something else, and by not means, I probably shouldn't have, but I did it anyways. I deleted the old flight plans files that are created in the two occasions I compiled. I had renamed them differently twice and since you said I should only have one , I compiled it again but this time with the name trafficX .
Hmmm it did not work! instead there were more new flights, British Airways, Swiss air, etc. all small commuter planes...... it so frustrating!:(
So at the end, I uninstalled the whole Traffic X and reinstalled it. Now everything is back to 'normal'   I wonder, is there a way to compile only new flights? instead of compiling the whole entire file?
thanks! any other thoughts would be great!!
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:59am
Hi Freddy,
yes! At first I thought, could that be my new flight landing?? but the funny thing is that the new flight I had created, it was from Canada West and it was, I believe an Airbus 320. So the planes were completely different. One thing I noticed too, that sometimes the flights are too close behind, so the second plane has to "go around' but it never lands!! Or the first plane lands and as soon as the reverse trust is deployed and the airplane stops, the plane disappears! etc, etc.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by artifact artifact wrote:

..... One thing I noticed too, that sometimes the flights are too close behind, so the second plane has to "go around' but it never lands!! Or the first plane lands and as soon as the reverse trust is deployed and the airplane stops, the plane disappears! etc, etc.

A program called "AISmooth" is available for free download off the Internet.  Current version is 1.2. The download is small (only 721 KB).  I highly recommend it.  A lot of other flight simulator pilots use this program.  It will go a long way toward solving aircraft landing spacing, go arounds, and "disappearing" planes at your airports.  Since I've been using it, I've not had any "unrealistic occurances" at any of my airports.  You still get one or two go-arounds, but it all works realistically.  All you do is put it on your computer and just run it before you run Flight Simulator.  That's it.  There's nothing to it.  Simple.

You can get it here: http://www.sg-flightware.de/

The following is from the program's documentation:

AISmooth has been designed to drastically reduce the number of go-arounds that are performed by Artificial Intelligence (AI) planes at busy airports, and thus add some realism to this simulation. AISmooth will instruct approaching AI planes to perform holding patterns if they are following the plane in front too closely.

In addition, AISmooth will check the distance and headings of AI planes in the vicinity of the user plane. If AI planes come too close to the user plane, are heading in the same general direction and are within an altitude range that suggests both planes are established on an approach path, those AI planes will be instructed to perform holding patterns as well.

artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 5:15am
freddy: Thanks for the info on that application, I am going to give it a try!
I was wondering, since I reinstalled the TrafficX, and I still would like to create new flights; what would happen if I chose only North America flights, at the moment of compile? Meaning not check all of the options that are already marked on the Traffic Movement window? What would that do?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:55pm
If you only tick North America flights then you should only get North America flights. That's the theory.  But, that said, what actually happens may be different from what is expected. There have been a few posts in this and other forums about strange behaviour from Traffic X if you untick some of the options. For example, if you untick rotorcraft and gliders, you may not get any commercial aircraft at all. If that happens, you just tick everything, including rotorcraft and gliders, and compile again to get commercial aircraft back.

So, the best answer to give you would be "try it and see". If it doesn't work the way you plan, then you can always compile again, but tick all the options the second time around.
artifact View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artifact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 1:12pm
Hi, I just wish thing would work!! I will try it out, first by creating new flights and compiling the whole flight plan.
I wonder if this kind of problems are only for very few people or has EVERYONE had them? How consistent this kind of behavior is? and if so, how come JustFlight doesn't release a patch to fix this?
Visca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 3:54pm
Just a comment on the Iberia commuter planes landing at London, ON.  If you still have that problem you may want to check the flight plans for Air Nostrum (ANS).  That is Iberia's commuter airline and is set up as a separate airline in Traffic X.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic