This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X & Call signs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ani_pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X & Call signs
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:13pm
Can anybody tell me if Traffic X includes call signs for airlines that it has introduced in the FSX but werent part of the Generic call signs that FSX registered.

Now that Editvoicepack and such applications are no longer available.

basically I want to know if Kingfisher airlines is present in Traffic X.
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:24pm
I don't think I can give you a complete reply, but I can provide some information.  TrafficX does not provide updates to the allowable callsigns.  But the aircraft, in most cases have correct, or semi correct callsign info in their aircraft.cfg files.  But, a workable version of Editvoicepak does exist.  I have installed it on my FSX system and it works great.  It does include Kingfisher in its available callsigns.  You can find it at the Editvoicepak website:
http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=EditVoicepack

However, I am not sure that will completely satisfy you.  I did a little looking at my TrafficX system and I am not sure what it provides in the way of AI flightplans and Aircraft for Kingfisher.   The airline does appear in the list of selectable airlines in the TCC's Flight Plans menu, but when you select it, it shows no existing flight plans.  It also shows up in the menu of selectable airlines in the Trafic Movements section of the TCC and on my system, the check box for it is checked so you may be able to generate flight plans for Kingfisher.  But I did a quick check to see what Kingfisher aircraft were available by searching for a KFR parking code and only an ATR42 showed up, and that was for some other airline.  So there might be Kingfisher aircraft, but I didn't find one on my very quick search.
Chuck Morse
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 6:32pm
I did a more careful search of the TrafficX aircraft and found 5 Kingfisher aircraft, an A320, A330, A340, A380, and ATR72.
Chuck Morse
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic