This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chrono Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chrono Traffic
    Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 8:21pm
Am I the only one, who is having problems with Chrono Traffic in TrafficX? And am I the only one, who thinks it's annoying to have old and outdated airlines flying around?

I think it is just fine and a good feature to have old and outdated airlines, so you can go "back in time" and experience the older models. However, I am flying in 2009 and I think it is annoying to have outdated airlines flying around all over the place. Take fx. EKCH Copenhagen Airport, where lots of Sterling and Maersk airplanes are departing and arriving. I don't want that!!!

So naturally I tried to set the "valid from" and "valid to" years to 2009. (also tried 2008-2009) in Traffic Movement's Chrono Traffic, but Sterling paint schemes still show up, even though they are set to expire in 2007 in the Fleet Database.

I also had problems with TCC remembering my settings. Apparantly "Apply and Exit" in the Fleet Database does not do what it says. For example, I type in "valid to" and "valid from" years - click apply and exit and leaves TCC. When I open up TCC and Fleet Database again the fields are blank!! Frustrating! ...well it does not work with Chrono Traffic in Traffic Movements anyway, so it's twice as frustrating.

Can anyone recognize this scenario?

PS. Running Vista 64bit
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:10pm
Personally, I don't mind the old aircraft flying around. So I have never played around with the chrono traffic feature. As for your issue, note that Just Flight is planning to do a Chrono Traffic Tutorial. Hopefully the answers you seek will be in that tutorial. Unless, of course, someone else here can help first ...

Regarding your blank entry fields in TCC ... I am at work right now and cannot test ... Suffice to say there are some fields in TCC which need you to type in your value and then press the ENTER key to "enter" them and make them stick. If you are typing in the values and then straight away just clicking the APPLY AND EXIT button then maybe that is why it isn't working properly for you?  Perhaps you may want to try typing in the values, pressing the ENTER key and then click the APPLY AND EXIT button ... that might work.

Another tip regarding blank values ... I note you are using VISTA. With Vista, the Program Files folder and a few other system folders are "locked down" to prevent the files they contain from being changed (by viruses etc). Usually this is not a problem if the files are legitimately changed and saved by a program (eg, you are running TCC and it makes the change). However, there are (rare) cases where this can sometimes not work properly and the change and save is prevented from occuring. A fix for this is to run the specific program as an ADMINISTRATOR. With the elevated user permissions, the file(s) should change and save. To do this, right-click on the program or its shortcut (in this case, TCC) and choose "Run As Administrator". Now try to make your entries and see if they "stick". You can set up TCC to always run in Administrator mode by right-clicking on it, going in to Properties and then in to the Compatibility tab where you can tick the appropriate box.

I am not saying the above ideas are the actual solutions to what you are experiencing. But, then again, maybe they are. No harm in me suggesting them ...
jantzen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 4:14pm
I'm afraid none of the two solutions you suggest work. Oh well, hopefully the Chrono Traffic tutorial will shed some light on these issues.

But thanks anyway.
itifonhom View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itifonhom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 5:08pm
   I have the same problem, I changed all the from/to values, pushing ENTER and all, TCC kept the values, but sometime later I found them reseted.

itifonhom
Not just an Air Crash!!!

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by jantzen jantzen wrote:

I'm afraid none of the two solutions you suggest work. Oh well, hopefully the Chrono Traffic tutorial will shed some light on these issues.  But thanks anyway.

Bummer. Unhappy  Yes, let's hope the tutorial sheds some light on things.
itifonhom View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itifonhom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 9:48am

Which file contains the info about the from/to dates so we can backup it? Anyone?

Not just an Air Crash!!!

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 12:12pm
Good question and good idea, itifonhom.

I found "valid from" and "valid to" dates in the Aircraft.tcc file. The path to the folder that contains the file is:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X/JustFlight/TrafficX/Presets/Data/Aircraft

As noted elsewhere in this forum, files with the .tcc extension can be opened and viewed using Microsoft Excel. (When opening the file from Excel, be sure to set "Files of type" to "All Files" to be able to see the file listed). The Aircraft.tcc file can be opened in older versions of Excel, too, if the "Text Import Wizard" has been installed.

itifonhom View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itifonhom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 1:30pm
   Nice, thanks a lot mate! I'm gonna keep a copy all the time now, don't want to go through it once again....
Not just an Air Crash!!!

jantzen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 9:16pm
That also solves the problem with the non-sticking values in TCC. I can just edit the "valid from" and "valid to" values directly in the traffic.tcc file. I tried it and the values did show up in TCC as well.

Seems that TCC has difficulties accepting input. Now I only have to find out how I "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" WITH the Chrono Traffic settings. Perhaps it has difficulties accepting those values too from within the program.

Anuone know if there is an external way to execute the "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" WITH the parameters "valid from" and "valid to"?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 4:57am
Remember there are two basic types of flight plans in Traffic X:

(1) Flight plans that you create or modify via the "Flight Plans" screen in the TCC.

(2) Flight plans that are randomly generated by generating traffic from the "Traffic Generator" screen of the TCC. (These randomly-generated flights, of course, do show on the "Flight Plans" screen in addition to flights that are created by the user).

I think traffic may need to be generated from the "Traffic Generator" screen after making ChronoTraffic changes and prior to running the compiler from the "Traffic Movements" screen. If, after making ChronoTraffic changes, traffic is not generated from the "Traffic Generator" screen, the previously-generated random traffic (along with previous ChronoTraffic settings) may be recreated when the compiler is run. (I haven't played around with ChronoTraffic settings, so what I am saying is just a guess).

So after making ChronoTraffic changes, right-click in each of the windows on the "Traffic Generator" screen, and click on "generate Traffic." Then run the compiler on the "Traffic Movements" screen.

ekaton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:55am
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just bought Traffic 360 add on for FSX and everything seems to work well, except Chrono Traffic. If I understand correctly, it should adjust my planes to the year I chose in game right? So if I choose 1980 I should only get planes that have 1980 in their period of availability. I have modified all 'valid from' informations of every plane in game to approximately correct years but it doesn't work. When I start my flight in 1980 I still get a lot of modern planes. Or should I create entirely new flight schedule?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:21am
Welcome to the forum(s).

Note that you have posted in the Traffic X forum, not the Traffic 360 forum. You may wish to re-post your question in the Traffic 360 forum ... link: Traffic 360 forum.

That said, I'll have a go at answering your question ...

I have Traffic X, not Traffic 360 ... but Traffic X also has a CHRONO TRAFFIC feature. I've never used that feature, but I think after making changes to your planes (ie, you have changed the "valid from" information), you probably need to do a COMPILE of the flight plans so that the traffic file ("Traffic360.bgl") gets updated with your changes. When FSX gets run, it will load the newly created traffic file and your changes should (hopefully) be seen. (In Traffic X, the COMPILE option is found in the "Traffic Movements" area; I assume the same exists for Traffic 360.)

Note that when compiling you must wait until the compile process is fully finished ... ie, wait for the black DOS window to appear and eventually disappear (there will be nothing in it; blank). Also note that it is best to overwrite the exiting "Traffic360.bgl" traffic file (so you don't have TWO traffic files which would mean you would get DUPLICATED traffic in FSX). With that in mind, I would suggest taking a backup COPY of that file BEFORE you do your compile so that if anything appears not to have worked, you can go back to the backup. The file is usually located here: "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic