This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No ai aircraft in new flight plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No ai aircraft in new flight plans
    Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:35pm
does anyone no where im going wrong.

i have tried to create a new flight plan using an easyjet aircraft at london gatwick.
i know that traffic x uses GMT so i created a flight to leave gatwick at 09:12 but when i loaded up flight sim and set the time to 09:05 GMT there was no easyjet plane in gatwick?????
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:04pm
You may need to adjust your traffic percentage slider in FSX. If it is less than 100%, then your aircraft may indeed be compiled correctly in to your BGL file, but not shown in the sim because your traffic percentage slider (in FSX) is not set to show 100%. I have this happen to me a lot. So, whenever I do new flight plans and compiles, I always set my slider in FSX to 100% to see if my aircraft appears.

It is possible to set your slider in FSX to where you do want it to be and still get your aircraft to appear ... this involves doing the compile over and over again until it appears. Do your compile and then go in to the sim to see if your aircraft is there ... if not, do the compile again ... go in to the sim again and check ... compile yet again if you need to ... back in to the sim to check ... and so on and so forth. Keep doing compiles until your aircraft does appear with your chosen FSX slider setting. It's kind of random luck. Once it appears, it will always appear after that whenever you run FSX. Well, that is, until you do another compile which could make it vanish again. It's frustrating. But that's how it is.
wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:07pm
thanks for that.....think i was on about 80% so i'll adjust it and see what happens and just keep re doing it 
wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:10pm
they dont like to make it easy do they!!!!!!!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:38pm
Nope, they do not. Smile
wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 2:11pm
still no luck with seeing my traffic....when i edit or create a new flight plan i then go to traffic movements do i just save over the Trafficx.bgl or create a new one?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 2:52pm
Typically, you will not want to have more than one .bgl file for traffic running at the same time. To avoid doing so, most people simply overwrite the old TrafficX.bgl file by giving a new set of flight plans the same "TrafficX" name. Alternatively, you could give a new .bgl file any name you want, and then use Windows Explorer to locate the old TrafficX.bgl file so than it can be renamed and given backup status by getting rid of its .bgl extension during the renaming.

See "How Departure Times Can Be MORE THAN One Hour Off" for additional help in seeing your newly-scheduled traffic.
wayne0881 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne0881 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 10:00pm
Got it to work a few weeks ago so thanks alot....noticed a few planes at Fuerteventura were just black (shadows) but installed the new traffic service pack 1 and that cured this prob too! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic