This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 'secret' airliner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 'secret' airliner
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 3:57pm

Hi there, I'm new to this forum (and forums in general!) so I apologize for the rather empty profile. I read on the Just Flight website in an interview with a member of Just Flight staff that a new airliner is being developed which has not been anounced,  and it was famously flown by a specific pilot (I think John Cunningham). I therefore got the impression it would be the rather beautifully designed aircraft - the de Havilland Comet. Does anyone else have other ideas/ are the Just flight staff willing to share an information about this secret airliner yet!

Thanks for any replies in advance.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 10:42pm
I don't think that the JF staff would say anything till its announced (if it is in on the drawing boards), to keep us guessing. However I'd love to see a DeHavilland Comet in the JF range!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
KiwiFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 6:21am
If I'm not mistaken its the Connie but thats not top secret, there have been development shots on here for some months now. I could be mistaken of course, surprises are always nice Big%20smile
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 12:00pm
Yeah, at the time of the interview the connie was already announced and the staff member said it was still completely non-announced- so yes the surprise would be nice! I think it'd be great to have a decent comet at Just Flight, I'm not aware of any others.
Phantom Leader View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:23pm
Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum so try not to be too rough on me! .  I was just wondering if ANYONE has heard or knows of any further development of Aeroplane Heavens Connie???!!!!!!   I contacted them back in August of 2008 and they told me way back then that they thought it would be done in time for me to purchase it as a birthday present to.....myself, of course, which was on 9/11.  I keep checking their site and there is NEVER any new information.  Nothing!  I'm starting to wonder if they didn't go under or maybe abducted by aliens!
I've never seen any developer so tight lipped in all my life!  Anyone know anything at all???Confused

Thanks!

Phantom Leader
I thought *you* put the gear down!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:22am
It's very close now. Just having the last few buglets ironed out You will need to be checking our site as Aeroplane Heaven won't be selling it themselves.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:15pm
Well alrighty then!  I truly appreciate the info!  I have a lot of planes in my hanger that I really like but, the Lockheed Constellation has always been near and dear to my heart.  When I was just a little kid, (4-5 years old) I flew from the U.S. to Germany on a Connie and the memories are still with me.  Ever since I found out about the Aeroplane Heaven Connie I've just been like a little kid waiting on the candy store to open! .
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:19pm
Just to be clear - it's not actually the Aeroplane Heaven Constellation. Whereas usually they develop and release add-ons and we publish them, this one is being developed by them solely for us and won't be available anywhere else other than from Just Flight. A small difference I know but I wouldn't want you to be checking the AH site and miss it Wink
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:30pm
Hi Ras!

I appreciate the fast responses!  I have to assume that this *is* the same Connie that A.H. has had listed on their site as "in development" though. ????
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:32pm
I would think so
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:36pm
OK  RAS, again, I thank you for the info!  You guys get an "A+" for staying right on top of your forum messages, that's for sure!  Alright, I'll let ya alone now, enjoy your coffee and I'll keep my eye on the J.F. site for that Connie.  That's one of those...."I gotta have" planes!!! .
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:50pm
We should hopefully have video preview going out in our newsletter next week. You can sign up for it on the website if you haven't already
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:58pm
i look forward to seeing that
Generic forum signature
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:00pm
Roger....Wilco!
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:46pm
yay! A comet addon for FS. Will it be for FSX and FS2004? I want it for FS2004 .Big%20smile.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:29pm
I thinks it's going to be FS2004 only
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

I thinks it's going to be FS2004 only
Ahh such a shame! I too think it would be great to see a comet on sale for FSX - (so I guessed right about it being a comet?!?!)
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:50pm
Sorry, thought we were still talking about the Constellation.
No comment about the Comet at the moment. Maybe, possibly, it could arrive at some point in the future after the Constellation is done and dusted. Wouldn't get too excited just yet Wink
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:12pm
Dave Maltby has produced a beautiful Comet and I have posted several pics on the screenshot thread, I have also posted some Constellations on there.Wink
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:38pm
RAS - Will there ever be a FS2004 version of the constellation? Will it be like the Piper Arrow that JF sell - it got converted to FS2004 eventually.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic