This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Sick of Britains Got Talent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Sick of Britains Got Talent
    Posted: 30 May 2009 at 7:50pm
. . . . But I'm still watching. . . .

Okay I admit it, despite being annoyed about how either that street dancing kid, or Holly the singer are going to win, in my opinion just because they are kids. . . . Im still watching.

Do I sound like a grumpy old man when I say, talented people are over-shadowed by the young / cute ?

Hmm and that Stavros and Fatty or what ever they're called . . . that fat bloke and his fat son.  Now before all you Political Correctness police attack me. . . they are fat.  They just run about on the stage !   Come on !   "Britain's got Talent" not "Britain's got Heart Disease & no Talent"

Now my main concerns are Aidan (street dancer) and Holly (singer)
Aidan: He is talented!  I enjoyed watching him . . . the first timeStern%20Smile
Second and beyond it all looked the same.  Or is that just me being old (despite me being a teenagerTongue) He does have some talent, but wont it just be George Sampson all over again?

Holly: Again for 10 very good.  But she collapsed under pressure and tonight was shakey.
I think they're both talented but there are better

To be honest I dont know what Im talking about now. . . just rambling. . . .I'm going on flight simulator.

Generic forum signature
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:52pm
I would hate for Hollie to win, it's just a plain sympathy vote. The reason she got a second chance last night is because she cried and stammped her feet about. Brat!

Davies was quite good, better than Sampson infact. Although his second performance was lactose in practice. Then again, they did have only 24 hours!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 9:05pm
I only watch it at the beginning, anyone see Darth Vader doing the moonwalk? .

Anyway if they are going to keep doing it they should ban singers, i want to see some other talent win, like them two barmen that were in it in the 1st series, that was talent and entertainment!
Minty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 10:48pm
I would agree, its ok to put an act through to the next stage, providing that it could be seen that they can progress their act and move it forwards.

After all doing the same thing the second time - is no longer entertaining.

And it deprives a more deserving case of a chance.

And the voting of the general public does sometimes amaze me, a case in kind is the 2 chunky monkeys.

But hey we live in a democratic society and we are all entiled to an opinion and a vote - after all its their 10 pence.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 10:51pm
I think thats the best we could some up the whole BGT subject, Minty.

Diversity got it in the end, they did progress each time in my opinion, so atleast the 100,000 or what ever they win didnt go to waste.
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 11:06pm
I only really watch the auditions. Can't stand the semi finals, the thing that gets under my skin is young children on the show. It is obviously going to end badly so why the judges put them through I don't know. Anyway the best act won in the end.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 6:44am
Had to support them asthey were from essex . but i didnt care who won as long as it wasnt susan boyle! diva much? pffftttt

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:34am
I'm not sick of it because I've never watched it.

If you are sick of it why watch it?

If you don't watch it you won't experience it so won't be sick of it. Thumbs%20Up
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:24am
I love it, but think the wrong people won.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 10:20am
I think Diversity definitely deserved to win. All their performances where amazing, and they were all choreographed by members within the group. What you see is entirely their own work, which I think definitely shows talent and skill.
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 4:43pm

They were good, but just not my cup of tea.  Even though Susan Boyle didn't win, she will probably still make millions.

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

I'm not sick of it because I've never watched it.

If you are sick of it why watch it?

If you don't watch it you won't experience it so won't be sick of it. Thumbs%20Up

As i said though i only find the first part entertaining, the rest boring, so only get half sick of it!! Wink
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

They were good, but just not my cup of tea.  Even though Susan Boyle didn't win, she will probably still make millions.

No she won't, the poor lass has clearly had enough of the attention...
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 6:27pm
It says she will make £8 m a year.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 6:47pm
"It" ?? Is she even signed?
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 6:58pm
Not been watching the news...
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 7:02pm
..because I don't really care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic