This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lets all try to avoid talking about the BNP . .
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets all try to avoid talking about the BNP . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lets all try to avoid talking about the BNP . .
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:18pm
My opinion is. . .

lets just not talk about it.

Its caused quite a bit of heated discussion and trouble, especially concerning Odai who appears to have had his account hacked and comment modified.

I like discussing Politics, but there are some areas within that which are. . . volatile to say the least . 

My opinion though, what do you guys think ?
Generic forum signature
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:27pm
I concur. Let's just all agree I'm handsome and move on Thumbs%20Up
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:42pm
RAS You're handsome, but I've moved on. Broken%20Heart
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:43pm
I wouldWink
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:44pm
Agreed. It's the best thing to do. Remember no one has died (over this topic) and it's not the end of the world

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

I wouldWink

weel everyone else has so why not? .
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:51pm
.OL.

Hit him RAS, dont take this abuseTongue
Generic forum signature
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:59pm

.OL.

Hit him RAS, dont take this abuseTongue

up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:01pm
I have now moved on in my boring life, tomorrow= school maths home workThumbs%20Down and the ATWC leg over on Mutleys
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:07pm
Mine involved college and A/S Law revision
Generic forum signature
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:21pm
Any topics can be disscused, everyone has a view and I know I learn some stuff from what people say so it's all good in the end

Plus it's easy to dodge a topic you don't want to discuss it

Flightboy
In Kontrol View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In Kontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Any topics can be disscused

Flightboy

Apart from when they get shut down by moderators for no apparent reason...
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:51pm
In Kontrol, if you are referring to the thread about the BNP I started which was locked by MartinW, I suggest you look here:

It would appear the edit occured after you and flightboy replied to my post, so you probably didn't notice it.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:03am
I have no problem with the decision to lock the thread.  I wouldn't be so happy to see topics banned outright, but locking a thread is a good tool to impose a cooling off period when one gets out of hand.  It lets the thread descend into oblivion.

I saw what was posted before the offensive part was overwritten and agree that it was time to throw a flag on that one.  The moderator made the right decison on both the deletion of the offensive words and the locking of the thread, in my opinion.

John
John Allard
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Odai Odai wrote:

In Kontrol, if you are referring to the thread about the BNP I started which was locked by MartinW, I suggest you look here:

It would appear the edit occured after you and flightboy replied to my post, so you probably didn't notice it.

Just to add i did see what was put before i replied in that thread but tbh it didnt bother me! people can hate what they like ( even me on rare occasions ) so i just assumed it was another frredom of speech point you was making! .

Flightboy

Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 7:56am

My opinion is. . . lets just not talk about it.

Then with respect, don't join in and talk about it! If there's a TV program on and I don't wish to watch it for whatever reason, I can switch channels or simply switch off! You get my drift.

Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation

I didn't actually join in that BNP thread myself but I did read the members varied views on the subject with interest. The only reason threads get heated is because people have their own differing views on such sensitive topics. As long as we keep to the forum rules, all threads started by members should be open for discussion by all who wish to join in and no threads should be locked!

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:59am
Completely agree with your Stringbean

The BNP was a very enjoyable and interesting thread. Its threads such as that one that make the Just Chat section so popular. We are lucky enough to be allowed to express our views freely so lets do so (as long as its within the rules)

Topics may be locked time to time, but that isn't a way to punish all of the users who posted there, its just a way to stop things getting out of control
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:24am

Well said Martyn, and to add to that, if anything appears in a post, through whatever means, put there by whoever, however, and it is regarded as potentially offensive, it has to be removed. This is a forum kindly provided by a commercial organization, not a free for all forum where anything goes.

Who put the comment there, I have no idea, and at this point it's not important, and by what means will remain within the mind of the perpetrator, but when threads express intense and negative emotions it's time they said goodnight.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:16am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Well said Martyn, and to add to that, if anything appears in a post, through whatever means, put there by whoever, however, and it is regarded as potentially offensive, it has to be removed. This is a forum kindly provided by a commercial organization, not a free for all forum where anything goes.

Who put the comment there, I have no idea, and at this point it's not important, and by what means will remain within the mind of the perpetrator, but when threads express intense and negative emotions it's time they said goodnight.

Damm! does this mean i should cancel my "who shot phil mittchel" investigation thread on naming likley suspects ! Embarrassed.

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic