This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BNP Topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BNP Topic
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:09pm
hello,

In the recent BNP thread I started, I made a post on page three, but found the next morning the topic had been locked, and I had received a PM from a mod about posting racist material.

What I had written in the post, in reply to Vulcan, was this:

"I can understand why you'd be happy, as I am, to be living here...."

There was a part just after that which was edited out by Martin. According to him, the sentence had read:

"I can understand why you'd be happy, as I am, to be living here and hating jews..."

Clearly, it was edited in by somebody. I copy+paste all my long posts into a text file for a bit in case I make a mistake and lose the post. I checked, and it was clear, as I was sure of, I had never written any such remark. Besides, I've made it clear throughout my time here I despise any form of racism, and even if I were the most racist person on the planet I would not post something like that in a thread I started to criticise the BNP's racism in the first place...

It should have been clear the remark made absolutely no sense whatsoever anyway, and I hope that the forum members posting in that thread would have realised this and come to the conclusion it was not me (it appears some haven't though, judging from their posts).  

The issue is apparently under investigation by JF to check who had tampered with my post, or if my forum account has been hacked. Clearly it was someone taking a cheap shot at me due to my threads that are often critical of Israel.

It's a shame this has happened, but considering it has been cleared up, and that it was not me, could we have the BNP thread open again and continue the discussion?
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:16pm
It's a Jewish conspiracy :)

Flightboy
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:19pm
Dont make things worse FB Tongue 
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:32pm
Odai- Let sleeping dogs lie. Obviously someone has hacked into you account the matter is with you and Just Flight. I know you are not racist (as do many of the forum members). Flightboy, as Chris said 'don't make things worse'. Obviously this is a very sensitive topic at the moment and the best thing we can all do is just move on. As far as I know the matter is being dealt with, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:36pm
hello,

I only really posted to make sure people knew it wasn't me, and to see if it was possible to continue the discussion.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Odai Odai wrote:

hello,

I only really posted to make sure people knew it wasn't me, and to see if it was possible to continue the discussion.

I'm sure justflight will soon clear your name ( or not ) odai

Flightboy
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:09pm
When you start criticising Israel, watch your back I think.

If his account was hacked, then it was clearly an attempt by someone to provoke an argument. Mossad, maybe? That isn't a joke.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:48pm
Quote If his account was hacked, then it was clearly an attempt by someone to provoke an argument.

I would have hoped most people would have noticed what had actually happened, rather than thinking I had intentionally put a racist remark in there.

But yes, there are plenty of immature folk out there who would automatically class you as anti-semetic if you are critical of Israel; it happens everywhere unfortunately. Or they maybe just wanted me to look like a fool....Tongue
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Odai Odai wrote:

Quote If his account was hacked, then it was clearly an attempt by someone to provoke an argument.

I would have hoped most people would have noticed what had actually happened, rather than thinking I had intentionally put a racist remark in there.

It would worry me Odai people did think that! you have strong opinions and views on subjects that are close to your heart and thats a good way to be Winkjust a shame we clash on some .

Flightboy
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:44am
And as i said in the other post when i read your reply and replied it had the comment in there, so theres a less than 2hr gap where the "edit" could have been done

Just in case that helps justflight when they look

Flightboy
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 7:30am
I'm confident that when I read the BNP thread (with interest), I don't remember reading anything racist, especially regarding Jews in any of Odai,s posts. I was surprised and it made no sense to me at all as to why the topic should be locked. If Odai,s post was hacked into and altered, then the member responsible, if it was a member that is, should be instantly barred!
RossUK1 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossUK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:15am
Just out of interest - any JF staff know how easy it is to "hack" a members account and edit a comment?  Is it traceable?  That should sort it out Odai once and for all.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:55am
Hi,

There are a couple of ways in which we could identify whether the post was tampered with. Unfortunately neither of these ways came up with valuable information

Odai has now changed his password and I think the best way forward is to simply forget the incident. We would appreciate everyone giving Odai the benefit of the doubt and accepting that he did not make any such comment

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:44am

Yes, I can only echo MartYn's comments.

I think we have all debated numerous topics with Odai and would not regard that as a comment he would make. I must admit, its presence surprised me when two others members drew attention to it, as I wasn't paying close attention to the thread. It had to be removed for obvious reasons.

I suggest that those that read it, and commented on it, put it down to an unknown entity's mischievousness and erase it from their consciousness.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Yes, I can only echo MartYn's comments.

I think we have all debated numerous topics with Odai and would not regard that as a comment he would make. I must admit, its presence surprised me when two others members drew attention to it, as I wasn't paying close attention to the thread. It had to be removed for obvious reasons.

I suggest that those that read it, and commented on it, put it down to an unknown entity's mischievousness and erase it from their consciousness.

Martin lies Shocked but agreed! i think im prob the most jewish person here and i thought it brave but not offensive .

Flightboy
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:24pm
From a purely technical perspective, hacking an account takes time.

Can JF see numerous failed log in attempts? Is this even logged?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:15pm
hello,

I think it might be a keylogger or something that may have made my password insecure, but as to why anyone would want to gain acess to someone elses account on some random forum is beyond me. I do use public computers (at college) to access the account, and I am not entirely sure they are secure (I logout at the end of the session obviously).  

Either way, now this has been relatively cleared up, can we have the topic open again? Tongue
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:24pm
I vote that this topic IS NOT opened again
Generic forum signature
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:29pm
There are many good debates in this forum...why should this one be blocked?  As long as people actively participate in a sensitive, mature manner, then it should be allowed to continue.  Blocking could indicate a bias to certain types of 'conversations'...which one could say is a form of censorship, which I don't think is the belief of JF admin's.
--------------------------------
Brad   
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:31pm
I didnt say block debate. . . . . .i think we should leave THIS one.

However. . . i dont think we should talk about the BNP its tiresome, something which RAS agrees with.
Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic