This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 7:38pm
How about taking taking out water runways? They only really serve a purpose when it water to water.
Another idea, changes the grip of surfaces. Tarmac/concrete is 100%, gravel 85%, grass 70%. Take 25% off those values when it's wet, 40% when it's ice/snow. You could even introduce brake locking.

I still think proper failures would be a huge selling point though. We had failures in an online racing league and once I got an engine failure on the warmup lap and that was me done. I wasn't happy at the time but wouldn't race without them. It completely changes the way you handle the game, in FSX you can run props at Max rpm or above 100% and nothing ever happens.

Glad to hear about the alternate airports. No more borderline suicidal landings for me!

rickman245 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickman245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:01am
A little suggestion could you add an option so we can save the company file in another location such as a network drive rather than in the company folder. This can be a life saver if we can store the file in another location for example a hard drive failure and not having the ability to back up data meaning we have to start our company again from scratch.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 10:47am
I Think rolling saves would be good. If anything goes wrong, you've only lost a session.

As for backing up, do it with everything. All my games are backed up at the weekend so if my drive goes. I just have to reinstall and then copy over the backup, not spending a full day reinstalling, orbx, my traffic, AH, planes etc

I'd suggest leaving a USB stick in and just copy the whole AH folder across after every session if you didn't want to do full backups.
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 5:24am
Slopey...You have children you said? Ever hold candy in front of them and say they can not touch it!?!? This is what you are doing to us! hahaha
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by rickman245 rickman245 wrote:

A little suggestion could you add an option so we can save the company file in another location such as a network drive rather than in the company folder. This can be a life saver if we can store the file in another location for example a hard drive failure and not having the ability to back up data meaning we have to start our company again from scratch.

Not necessary - you can just backup the company file whenever you want with Windows - AH doesn't need an option for it.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
2wheelsup View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wheelsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

[QUOTE=Flyer10]

There are so few water runways however, that having it set to only water makes it largely pointless - they're not numerous, and you won't be able to get around many of them in anything decent which can land on them.

I am finding quite a few water runways in Alaska, Pacific Northwest, Canada, North east states, Florida.  But maybe not enough to make it worth the trouble.  I use the Quest Kodiak floatplane with 2313lbs of cargo space.

Alan
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 12:20pm
I think Slopey is looking at the global stats and just thinking they are .01% of runways so not worth bothering about.

However they are all concentrated in places like alaska, Vancouver and the Maldives.

There's dozens of them in those areas so a float plane would easily be doable but I don't think slopey is a man to be swayed!

I'd like them taken out totally then because its annoying have to filter them out of your job list. If it can't be done manually, sure a right click to black list would be a good option?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:37am
Originally posted by 2wheelsup 2wheelsup wrote:

I am finding quite a few water runways in Alaska, Pacific Northwest, Canada, North east states, Florida.  But maybe not enough to make it worth the trouble.  I use the Quest Kodiak floatplane with 2313lbs of cargo space.

Alan

There are about 270 water airports in FSX, vs 23k hard runway airports...

I may add an option to filter them out, but it's not really feasible to have an option only to generate jobs for them as they're distributed such that any plane which could land on them would be constrained to only a couple due to the range of said aircraft.
AirHauler Developer
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:11am
There's over 1000 for the US alone according to the PDF download from the MS site

Just search for FSX designated water runways.
2wheelsup View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wheelsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:09pm
An option to filter out the water runways would be nice.  
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by 2wheelsup 2wheelsup wrote:

An option to filter out the water runways would be nice.  

AH2 now includes this option :)
AirHauler Developer
dirtdart View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 2:54pm
I know this is not FsPax and I don't want it to be. ie let your crew run the show in the back of the plane. What would be nice is if you can hire/fire a lead attendant for a specific aircraft and depending on their rating gives a +\- to passenger satisfaction. Maybe do something similar for ground crews loading cargo for cargo jobs.

If this has been discussed or added ignore it. I'm new here.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:51pm
Here's another one, how about being able to hanger aircraft so they won't have jobs created for them. I can't own my entire fleet as there never enough jobs for the AI to fly their 747s.

Either that or don't have a hard cap on created jobs.
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 6:25am
HOw many 747s do you have in your fleet? I have 12 and have no problem getting jobs for all of them. Multiple jobs that take the pilots 24+ hours to finish.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:49am
I have 5 AI and its OK if I have 1 or 2 planes to fly myself.

Eg 20 jobs each for my 2 planes plus 80-100 total for the AI.

If I have 12-20 planes for myself. It will create about 4-5 jobs for each plane leaving me with 80 jobs for myself and just around 20 total for them.

Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:13pm
Could you please add the correct runways to the briefing? There is no L R C info there and the first runway could be L C or R. So its very easy to tune the wrong ils and only realise when the runway is in site.

Also, the nearest vor and adf to the airport (with bearing and range) would be very handy.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by dirtdart dirtdart wrote:

I know this is not FsPax and I don't want it to be. ie let your crew run the show in the back of the plane. What would be nice is if you can hire/fire a lead attendant for a specific aircraft and depending on their rating gives a +\- to passenger satisfaction. Maybe do something similar for ground crews loading cargo for cargo jobs.

In AH2, you fly the plane, the cabin crew do the service - you're not involved in it, as these things run to standard timings mostly anyway - they'll just get on and do it.  You don't need to serve drinks etc for example...

You can specify the type of service on board however, wether there's no service, a purchase service, or complementary (and the level of complementary service).  That'll dictate how many cabin crew you need for the flight which attracts a cost.

Hiring cabin crew isn't modelled as trying to work out pilot crew schedules is insane enough without adding 10 flight attendant and a purser into the mix! :)

AirHauler Developer
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 6:22am
In a way I don't think I want to hear anymore previews of AH2 because its like dangling candy in front of a kid. hahahah I want it nowwwwwww :)
dirtdart View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Originally posted by dirtdart dirtdart wrote:

In AH2, you fly the plane, the cabin crew do the service - you're not involved in it, as these things run to standard timings mostly anyway - they'll just get on and do it.  You don't need to serve drinks etc for example...

You can specify the type of service on board however, wether there's no service, a purchase service, or complementary (and the level of complementary service).  That'll dictate how many cabin crew you need for the flight which attracts a cost.

Hiring cabin crew isn't modelled as trying to work out pilot crew schedules is insane enough without adding 10 flight attendant and a purser into the mix! :)

Sounds very cool! Trust me, I don't want any kind of suggestion that I may have delay the release of AH2 and it definitely won't determine whether I purchase it or not. With the current list of features I've already start picking up loose change in parking lots to save up. :)
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 4:14am
Not going to pour through the pages to see if this mentioned...but...if it is Slopey, my apologies...

Being able to assign jobs while you're flying.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
  Share Topic